RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise of Soccer in the OECS & 2010 World Cup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rise of Soccer in the OECS & 2010 World Cup...

For a jamaican it's hard and intrusive to give Commentary on soccer in the OECS or better the Eastern Caribbean, but the truth is there soccer are improving while;Jamaica and Trinidad are not where it should be.I am here to give analysis to RBSC and to compare there football with ours(jamaica) in the western caribbean...

There are a number of soccer teams that are able to give Jamaica a good challenge in the upcoming World cup Qualifiers,there are Barbados,Grenada,St Kitts/nevis and St vincent.Those four teams are rapidly improving and there mental approach to the game is more simple that jamaicans way of thinking on a whole...

Take Grenada,couple years ago they beat Jamaica 2-0 in st Georges,the average jamaican baller may not know the size of Grenada or its population much more where that country is situated.Grenada is not a big surprize team in the recent Olympic Qualifiers where the top Dominica,St lucia and earn a three all tie with neighbors st vincent....This nation can take down giants in world cup qualifiers.The other is St vincent who may not make it to the Grouping stage next time around but whose soccer for its size and population as been steady for years and they have a very good youth Program like st kitts.Barbados known more for cricket than soccer also capable of giving jamaica a good challenge...

The one thing that this poster recommend is for The OECS to Field one team,I think if they pull there resources together and form a team chances of reaching the world cup will be better.

Unfortunately, none of those teams would advance against Jamaica in the home and away fixture.

Comment

oh yea,you better wake up from your foolish pride.Your Bragging rights make smaller teams like St.Kitts and Grenada more determine to beat us...

Comment

Top Seeds (byes to 2nd Round)
        (Ranked 1st to 13th)Preliminary Round - Pot A
        (Ranked 14th to 24th)Preliminary Round - Pot B
        (Ranked 25th to 35th)
        1. Mexico
        2. USA
        3. Costa Rica
        4. Honduras
        5. Panama
        6. Trinidad and Tobago
        7. Jamaica
        8. Cuba
        9. Haiti
        10. Guatemala
        11. Canada
        12. Guyana
        13. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
        1. Barbados
        2. Suriname
        3. Bermuda
        4. Antigua and Barbuda
        5. Saint Kitts and Nevis
        6. Dominican Republic
        7. El Salvador
        8. Bahamas
        9. Nicaragua
        10. Grenada
        11. Saint Lucia
        1. Turks and Caicos Islands
        2. Netherlands Antilles
        3. British Virgin Islands
        4. Dominica
        5. Cayman Islands
        6. Puerto Rico
        7. Anguilla
        8. Belize
        9. U.S. Virgin Islands
        10. Montserrat
        11. Aruba
        Pride or Fact?
        Look at Pot A and Pot B and try and convince me which one of our Caribbean brothers can beat Jamaica in a two-leg fixture.
        Last edited by Jamaica2099; October 17, 2007, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
          Pride or fact?
          ok your pride is not call for now and it's not a fact,Grenada,st Kitts ,st vincent or even Barbados are capable of kicking RBZ ass...

Comment

Okay! But can they do this after the Reggae Boyz have played about four to six friendlies. Because you and I both know these friendlies will happen before June 2008.

Comment

Jamaica2099 it's best to repress certain vibes at this moment,am sure is 11 men counter 11 men on the field so any result can pop up...be cautious my brother*.

Comment

El Salvador is a much improve team jamaica 2099,you are not going about this the right way.To go around and hype can do us arm my brother...
                just cool nuh man.

Comment

Working...
                X