Two observations from Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two observations from Haiti

When we were in the airport in Miami waiting for the flight to Port Au Prince, I over heard one player asking Luton Shelton about training that evening when we got to Haiti.

Shelton who had flown in from England on Monday night and turned around and was up at 5:00am that morning to catch the flights to Haiti, said he was very tired but "if the coaches want me to train" then so be it.

No training was scheduled anyways.

Friday night I was talking to the HV goalkeeper Dwayne Miller who did not know he would be starting the next day and about 9:30pm he said he was goong to get some rest.

I asked him what time was the curfew and he said they had none but the night before games and during camp they tried to go to bed and get a good night sleep.

I noticed that on Wednesday night and Friay night the players were all gone to their rooms by say 10:30pm, I cant vouch for them that they were sleeping but they were not out in the common areas.

Saturday night was different, some hardly touched the food at dinner but right afterwards a few went out including Shelton and Rafe and came back with about 10 boxes of pizza and went to a room where they had their own little session.

Some of them were up late Saturday, some sounds like they never slept or got only a few hours and there were veiled jokes about who got visitors and what might have happened.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

that would have been party time fi Marlon King and Co.

you may not want to buss it but did you ask Shelton about Sheffield United?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Keep reading the Observer..he spoke candidly and I got every word.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

I assume you did

Thanks looking forward to every line. A wonder if Tilla get the Mountain news
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The online Observer is crap, so I'm hoping it appears on the online version. Not buying the actual paper.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

CANTANKAROUS!!
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
            X