• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbour View crush Village

Harbour View crush Village
    published: Monday | October 15, 2007

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

Village United's Ian McAnuff prepares to kick the ball, while Harbour View's Keith Kelly (left) reacts during their [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Cash [COLOR=orange! important]Plus[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Premier League football match at Harbour View Mini Stadium yesterday. Harbour View won 3-0. - Winston Sill/Freelance [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Photographer[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Defending champions Harbour View swatted the tiny monkey off their backs following a convincing 3-0 win over a struggling Village United, for their first win of this Cash Plus Premier League (CPPL) season, at the Harbour View Mini Stadium yesterday.
    The title-holders started off the season in somewhat jittery fashion, following a 0-0 draw at home to new boys St. Georges and then another stalemate, a 1-1 draw with Reno at St. Elizabeth Technical High (STETHS). They now have five points, while Village's tally remained the point it took in a drawn home game against Tivoli [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Gardens[/COLOR][/COLOR].
    However, yesterday the Stars of the East looked more than comfortable as they bossed around a Village team, who have themselves started out the season a bit under the weather with one point in three games.
    "The three points were very important to us today, we needed them, I think we could have played a bit better but I'm glad for the three points," said Harbour View coach, Lenworth Hyde Sr.
    "I wasn't nervous, we are always confident, but I told the guys don't be overconfident, today we relaxed and got the win," he added.
    First goal
    Striker Gregg Taylor fired home the team's first goal in the 24th minute. Finding himself loosely marked at the back post after a cross from Ricardo Smith eluded two defenders, the forward easily side-footed home. Smith had been released down the flank by a pass from midfielder Keith Kelly, who looked sharp in his first start of the season.
    A driving run from Harbour View last man Jermaine Taylor, ended with striker Fabian Taylor sliding in to score a second goal one minute before half-time.
    Captain Lovel Palmer would seal the deal for the title-holders, when he finished off a looping Fabian Taylor cross to the back post, after Gregg Taylor had misfired.
    Best chance
    With limited spells of positive possession, Village's best chance of the match came in the first 45 minutes, but Rohan Reid's powerful shot to goal was gobbled up by Harbour View custodian, Michaud Barrett, on the second time of asking before a rushing Kemar Mills could get a boot to the ball.
    "Every game that we have played so far we have given up goals, we have a big defensive problem," lamented Village's new coach, Kendale [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Mercury[/COLOR][/COLOR].
    "I don't think Harbour View did anything exceptional in creating the goals, we made a lot of mistakes and lost because of poor defending," he added. "It's not a good start but there is still a long way to go."
    Harbour View3
    Gregg Taylor 24th
    Fabian Taylor 44th
    Lovel Palmer 80th Village

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Clearly, from the pic, Kelly has lost quite a bit of weight. Of course, many of us might not know where he was coming from, but trust me, I even had my doubts if he could get back in shape so soon, or without the intervention of Jenny Craig.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

so a how much taylor unnu have a View?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        so a how much taylor unnu have a View?
        All a dem except Ricardo!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, Kelly's shirt number, is that an indication of his waist measurment now or before he started losing weight?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Now. But in camp he wore 69! Suh mi get it...!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X