No announcement yet.

Cheer up Folks. Promising Stuff!! Sporting Central 4 Reno 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazie come from St. Ann. Him nuh know good balla. Wait, no St. Ann yuh come fram tuh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no mi live deh fi one year but nuh tell me him never hear bout "federmop" the baller

A St.Mary mi born and grow right pon the border a Portland and St.Mary.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There was no doubt that there were some very good footballers back in those days. Ever heard of someone by the name of Allan Cole?

However, Jawge will tell you that if they did not go to the world cup, then they were no good.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I watch the games in stadium against the Brazillian team where he made the good doctor looked ordinary, The one aganist Manu, The one with the caribbean all stars and a few more back in the days so mi see skill inna him last good days, running beside players like Joe Downer from BT.

A bet lazy don't know Manu came to Ja with players like the great Norman Whiteside etc.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I saw that game with Whiteside, but was he really great, or was it just great that he played for his country and for ManU at 17 years of age? Can't remember him being rated for more than that. Mind you, he was a very good player, but "great"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When mi a run joke unuh will know. Mi serious as a judge. Feathermop Bailey? A St. Ann him come from, but remember, Lazie keeps it real.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He is considered a great in many books. He was a leader for Manu for a few years. You have to remember that he retired very young because of injury so he didn't play a "full career".

After that group Manu began to dip.

Comment

You want to tell me a Tegat Davis at age 25, Lynn who also went to Isreal, and a yong and effective Cargill amongst others like Lennie Hyde etc. didn't have as much talent as 98? What we had was a serious coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    You want to tell me a Tegat Davis at age 25, Lynn who also went to Isreal, and a yong and effective Cargill amongst others like Lennie Hyde etc. didn't have as much talent as 98? What we had was a serious coach.
                    I already listed Tegat. Cargill was a member of the 98 team.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      I already listed Tegat. Cargill was a member of the 98 team.
                      I see you have no knowlege of the 80s. I don't even think Corbett would make the team What year you start watch football? and have you been to a national game, HV game, BT games etc in the mid 80s?

By 87 to 89 the standard dropped very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        I see you have no knowlege of the 80s. I don't even think Corbett would make the team What year you start watch football? and have you been to a national game, HV game, BT games etc in the mid 80s?

By 87 to 89 the standard dropped very badly.
                        Corbett couldn't mek the team? We talking the same player here? Yet yuh ask if mi know nothing bout ball?

Alright Sass. Stand by my statement.

Comment

Feathermop was decades ago..who from St Ann has established themsleves in real football lately...dont spin this one just "keep it real"
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

can you answer my question? I want to know if you saw these players or it is just on sentiments.

Did you even realise the cabre of players that was at Swallowfield and Port Morant in these days? Talk to me Lazie when you start watch senior ball, and now tell me bout Ferncourt or any DCup side or St.Ann team as I played Business house in St.Ann the late 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                              Feathermop was decades ago..who from St Ann has established themsleves in real football lately...dont spin this one just "keep it real"
                              "I didn't say he wasn't good ... just not good enough. I personally was a big fan of his as he thought he was "it".

My first NPL game was a game between Volvo and Seba at Drax Hall. Seba had the likes of Tegat, Noah Sterling and Latty Volvo had Feathermop. He was into his usual antics. sitting on the ball to control it (hey, yuh affi know wha yuh a duh or the ball will bounce pon yuh seed), slamming the bouncing ball on the turf for it to fly over Noah's head. Oh yes Drax Hall was pure noise as Feathermop entertained.

Late in the game a certain Tegat who was mark out of the game got a break and make use of his toe punch. The game ended 1-0. Feathermop couldn't mek the team.

Comment

Now I know we can't talk bout the 80s cause you missed nearly all of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X