Cheer up Folks. Promising Stuff!! Sporting Central 4 Reno 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheer up Folks. Promising Stuff!! Sporting Central 4 Reno 3

I just finished watching the most exciting NPL match I've seen in a loooong time. Sporting Central is an EXCELLENT Team. Naw lie. They were passing the ball around and keeping possession like a team posssessed by Brazilian spirits. Oneke Ford got all FOUR goals for Sporting. Yeah that's right 4 Goals. Who say local coaches nuh good? I dont think the better local coaches are getting the right opportunity. I mean I've never seen such quality in this league in a while. Kevin Williams and Chris Dawes are doing wonders with that team.

Many of you would be pleased to know that Winston "Fanna" Griffiths made his return to football for Central. The man came on in the second half and had a cracking game. Figuring in two of the goals and many more created chances. Beating defenders left right and center. HE'S BACK! Bora should have a look at him. Should also have a look at Sporting Number 7 Wigan. That dude is a star. He's like a Faster Jermaine Hue with more workrate. Made good passes. They need to work on their defence though.

Reno played well in midfield too. Youth name Nyron Davis. Young and very talented. Also, Fabian Blake was their Essien. Kirk Wright scored 2 goals for them.

BRILLIANT GAME! Made me forget that we got beaten by Bahamas. Oh damn, I just reminded myself

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
    Bora should...also have a look at Sporting Number 7 Wigan. That dude is a star. He's like a Faster Jermaine Hue with more workrate. Made good passes.
    Can't wait to see this game. Left my DVD to record it so hopefully it's there. I've been looking for the next Jermaine Hue for years!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Few talents yes

I think both defences were horrible to say the least..not sure if the heavy field had anything to do with it but Sporting looks real weak in the back. Ford took his goals well though. One of his goals, a header was a beauty

Comment

Okay. I just watched the game. Can't say I was too impressed about anything in particular, save for maybe Oneke Ford. Next week will be a good test when they play Harbour View. Both defences appeared too sieve-like to really assess anyone's quality.

Fanna looked decent. I have been hearing about this player for a while. Courtney used to big him up a lot, saying if it wasn't for a knee injury he would have led the midfield in 1998.

But to go gung-ho about quality in this league after watching this match - chill, yo! HVFC's first game against St. George's was much better despite poor shooting. Yes, give me the sermon about goals win matches again.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Okay. I just watched the game. Can't say I was too impressed about anything in particular, save for maybe Oneke Ford. Next week will be a good test when they play Harbour View. Both defences appeared too sieve-like to really assess anyone's quality.

Fanna looked decent. I have been hearing about this player for a while. Courtney used to big him up a lot, saying if it wasn't for a knee injury he would have led the midfield in 1998.

But to go gung-ho about quality in this league after watching this match - chill, yo! HVFC's first game against St. George's was much better despite poor shooting. Yes, give me the sermon about goals win matches again.
          HAHAHA at that last statement. That first game was awful. Harbour View didnt keep the ball for 10 seconds. Only time they passed around the ball well was when 2 defenders were playing the ball to each other deep in defence. Man you see how Sporting (and Reno to some extent) midfield looked today. Yuh see the one touch passing they were doing in their OPPONENT'S half, not right in front of their goalkeeper like HVIEW. Only Portmore I see play like that. Only time HVIEW play attractive football is when Jerry in midfield threading passes. Kieth Kelly will add to that though. In my opinion HVIEW is a team packed with over-rated players. Lovell, hahaha, run up and dung to no avail all match and he is the captain. Goes to show....

Comment

Fabian Taylor, Kavan Bryan, Chris Walker, Dwayne Miller - are those overrated? Lovell might be overrated by some, but...

By the way, do you go to matches or just watch them on TVJ?

Sorry, still not impressed by either Reno or SC.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fabian Taylor, Kavan Bryan, Chris Walker, Dwayne Miller - are those overrated? Lovell might be overrated by some, but...

By the way, do you go to matches or just watch them on TVJ?

Sorry, still not impressed by either Reno or SC.
              I go to Portmore matches when I got time.

Done know

Portmore St Catherine,
              No question Askin!!

It was the Portmore players that fought hardest and played the best in Haiti. Right now Cousins is the most consistent player in NPL so far this season. Should be included in the senior team.

Comment

I would pick Cousins over Findlayson any day of the week!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                  I just finished watching the most exciting NPL match I've seen in a loooong time. Sporting Central is an EXCELLENT Team. Naw lie. They were passing the ball around and keeping possession like a team posssessed by Brazilian spirits. Oneke Ford got all FOUR goals for Sporting. Yeah that's right 4 Goals. Who say local coaches nuh good? I dont think the better local coaches are getting the right opportunity. I mean I've never seen such quality in this league in a while. Kevin Williams and Chris Dawes are doing wonders with that team.

Many of you would be pleased to know that Winston "Fanna" Griffiths made his return to football for Central. The man came on in the second half and had a cracking game. Figuring in two of the goals and many more created chances. Beating defenders left right and center. HE'S BACK! Bora should have a look at him. Should also have a look at Sporting Number 7 Wigan. That dude is a star. He's like a Faster Jermaine Hue with more workrate. Made good passes. They need to work on their defence though.

Reno played well in midfield too. Youth name Nyron Davis. Young and very talented. Also, Fabian Blake was their Essien. Kirk Wright scored 2 goals for them.

BRILLIANT GAME! Made me forget that we got beaten by Bahamas. Oh damn, I just reminded myself
                  hehehe ... when I was in 7th grade I used to watch our D Cup team train. The forwards would score some nice shots, the keeper would take anything out of the air etc. Then came match day .... either Ferncourt, Dinthill or Frankfield would mek dem look ordinary. Reality would creep upon us after a 3-0 or a 4-0 spanking.

We are too quick to give players star status on the local level only to see that dem ordinary when they play teams from another country.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

While true to a point, many of them will do quite well against teams from other countries if they had a good coach and a solid program. Claude, Fuller, JJ and others came right ourt of our lowly leagues, with its bad infrastructure and poor coaches. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water and repeat nonsense you may have heard from people like HL who are quick to cuss anything out of Jamaica.

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong creating stars for the various levels of football. No one is saying that they are "world's best" or anything, but at every level, in every sport, there must be players who are better than the rest. The community league that your children may in already has those players. And they are indeed stars in their own right!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

While true to a point, many of them will do quite well against teams from other countries if they had a good coach and a solid program. Claude, Fuller, JJ and others came right ourt of our lowly leagues, with its bad infrastructure and poor coaches. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water and repeat nonsense you may have heard from people like HL who are quick to cuss anything out of Jamaica.

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong creating stars for the various levels of football. No one is saying that they are "world's best" or anything, but at every level, in every sport, there must be players who are better than the rest. The community league that your children may in already has those players. And they are indeed stars in their own right!
                      See, thats why we're hitched in reverse. I recall Charlie Smith having a team that was top notched. My bredrens used to mek up noise bout dem anticipating when dem drop inna the national team. Okay, how many of the those stars from Charlie Smith went on to do us proud on the intl level?

Better we say a player have potential, but to lay star status upon that player mek dem tink dem reach ... instead of attemting to improve their game.

I recall a certain Ochie High player called Rich Kid. The boy had a little potential but the idiots from Ochie crowned him a star and it when to his head.
                      Last edited by Lazie; October 15, 2007, 09:33 AM.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I believe I was a star athlete back in the day, but at no point was I under any delusion that I was ready to walk into Liverpool's side, nor lift the Wimbledon trophy.

I guess wi really talking about head space.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the fact is if Rene come back fi six month the ordinary player would become STARS.

We didn't just have a good crop back in 1998 as in the 80s in my opinion we had much better players.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            the fact is if Rene come back fi six month the ordinary player would become STARS.

We didn't just have a good crop back in 1998 as in the 80s in my opinion we had much better players.
                            I can only think of 4 80s players that could mek that 98 team. Corbett, Wright, Anglin and Tegat. Who else? And please for the love of God, don't mention Jamaica Tun Back.

Comment

you joking right? all the talent that came out of the 80s those are the ones you mentioning?

You talking about 89 right?

What about players like Howard Cephas, Rohan Palmer, Errol Blake, Deon Wilmot of Dinthill, Kinglsey Chin, The Zaide brothers, you had Tuffy from Mobay, Tegat Davis, Andrew Bailey just to name a few.

Lazie tell me you joking.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X