It seems like a practise match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like a practise match

the under 23 go play. The amount of changes that Downswell made to the team in a two matches? I don't get Austin playing right back. Wolfe and others out of the side.

Our mental game was weak. How can our team panic and not score as Wolfe say "early in the game"?

The fact that the players say it is the very first they were playing with some of the players. I wonder how long the team been playing togather?
    Both the team and the coaches seemed to be weak on mental preparation.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Obviously changes of plans and tactics are lost on you..the changes were made as the Observer article pointed out was to make the team more offensively minded as they needed to score goals.

If we had beaten the Bahamas as we should by about eight goals, then we might have kept the same team.

Fact is we got NOTHING from the bench in the first game so we had to keep Daley and Wolfe to come in off the bench against Haiti to run at a defence that we hoped would tire.

Then they pushed Woodbine further up and broughtbin Brown from August Town in central defence to give Austin some space on the right to overlap and add to the attack.

This plan worked for the first 20 minutes or so and we got a goal from it...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

It never usually work Sickko. I can see you add one or two player to give an offensive punch but the wholesale changes never normally work at this stage and show desparation.

as you said "This plan worked for the first 20 minutes or so and we got a goal from it..."

"You got nothing from the bench" it is only one game that they played and you don't sit your best player cause you got nothing from the bench. That is how mi see it. You say Wolfe is a leader on the field so he shold be on it not making way for somebody else and await to a sub.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X