I'm prepared to eat my words if we beat Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm prepared to eat my words if we beat Haiti

especially by 7 clear goals, but here is what I thought were the problems with this team.

Seems to me the silver medal got to Wendell's head and he opted for the 18 and 19 year olds on that squad over better, yes, better players who were older but weren't on his Pan Am team. The levels are quite different and yuh cyaan bring a boy to do a man's job.

There were two glaring omissions from this team - Cousins (Portmore) and Jermaine Taylor (Harbour View). I understand Taylor had raised some money issue on the last qualifying tour and you only have to ask Marlon King, thou shalt not find fault with management! Cousins captained some national team some time ago and Taylor is senior representative, so they both have some quality.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem was the Boxhill Curse. No, it wasn't Haitian voodoo, cause this started long time ago. From the best World Cup team that couldn't score to save Boxhill's life, to a decent U-17 that finally gave us a victory over the USA but made a weak T&T side eliminate them. Now this very unexpected result.

Oh well. Nothing a St. Thomas bath can't cure. Or Burrell!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

All mi know is that if it was Burrell somebody or some bodies would have to literally jump inna the sea
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mosiah you wrong here..Cousins played on Thursday and is right here in Port Au Prince and Taylor's conditioning has been off so badly..quite frankly the boy too fat for his own good.

He played 30 minutes in Aruba and keeps breaking down like some old Leyland bus, how do you take him on tour when you only have 18 spots given the fact he has not held up in the last thre tours?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Mosiah yuh nuh give up pon Taylor yet. How much chance unnuh a gi the man? Look how long mi tell unnuh say him a rux. Him not even know how fi control ball. Give Up. The only reason why him a constant figure a HVIEW a true dem a eediat side. Him couldn't mek the bench a Portmore.

Comment

Look like Taylor was one of those players who was better than his peers at the youth level because he was physically ahead of everyone (yes, he also read the game well). Once they grow up and catch him, he starts to look more and more ordinary.

Comment

Mosiah, it would seem as if the team needed a finisher. How the hell you get so many opportunities to score and could not find the back of the net. From all indications, it would seem as if on any other day, that Bahamas side would have picked up 8, but they allowed them to hang on and they got a one chance to the end of the game. Tough loss, but such is the game. That is one of the reasons fans like us follow this sport - for its unpredictability. No team can think they are guaranteed victory before the game, they have to earn it on the field.

Surely, The Bahamas caused us to put our tails between our legs. This is not the first time a stronger team have lost to a weaker team and it certainly will not be the last. Wasn't it recently we heard ManUre lose to Manchester City 1-0 and to Coventry 2-0? I did not hear anyone blame Sir Alex for those two losses.

Losses are a part of the game and we just have to learn to deal with that and move on. And no, I am not trying to defend the STETHS man Boyus.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla you lose one and two but from Malaysia, mauled by Iran, St.Vincent, and now Bahamas?

No team under Sir Alex would have gone taken that kind of constant battering. We are killing ourselves and providing excuses. We have talent and we can do much better.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, you are counting all friendlies, I was looking on the games which meant something. Friendlies are for experimenting, real games are something else. Also, wasn't it the senior side that St. Vincent caused to miss the Gold Cup, not the Olympic under-23s.

Finishing is an inherent problem with Jamaican teams. It was the reason why Simoes went andbrought in the Burtons, Halls and Simpsons. I do not think the problem has gone away and as long as we continue ignoring the players playing abroad who are not born a Yahd, then we will continue seeing the same problem again and again.

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  He played 30 minutes in Aruba and keeps breaking down like some old Leyland bus,
                  Mind the British put a curse pon you fi stying them Leyland in that fashion
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Tilla , why dont yuh read wat Vince Lombardi said bout WINNING (and losing).
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Don't mix up Bora's losses with Wendell's! There are enuff to go around!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[QUOTE=Mosiah;53099]
                        to a decent U-17 that finally gave us a victory over the USA but made a weak T&T side eliminate them. Now this very unexpected result.

[QUOTE]

Try this mosiah

to a decent U-17 that finally gave us a victory over the USA but made a better T&T side eliminate them. Now this very unexpected result.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                          Sass, you are counting all friendlies, I was looking on the games which meant something. Friendlies are for experimenting, real games are something else. Also, wasn't it the senior side that St. Vincent caused to miss the Gold Cup, not the Olympic under-23s.

Finishing is an inherent problem with Jamaican teams. It was the reason why Simoes went andbrought in the Burtons, Halls and Simpsons. I do not think the problem has gone away and as long as we continue ignoring the players playing abroad who are not born a Yahd, then we will continue seeing the same problem again and again.

...or, until we start to teach goalscoring as just another technical skill to add to a player's arsenal!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            especially by 7 clear goals, but here is what I thought were the problems with this team.

Seems to me the silver medal got to Wendell's head and he opted for the 18 and 19 year olds on that squad over better, yes, better players who were older but weren't on his Pan Am team. The levels are quite different and yuh cyaan bring a boy to do a man's job.

There were two glaring omissions from this team - Cousins (Portmore) and Jermaine Taylor (Harbour View). I understand Taylor had raised some money issue on the last qualifying tour and you only have to ask Marlon King, thou shalt not find fault with management! Cousins captained some national team some time ago and Taylor is senior representative, so they both have some quality.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem was the Boxhill Curse. No, it wasn't Haitian voodoo, cause this started long time ago. From the best World Cup team that couldn't score to save Boxhill's life, to a decent U-17 that finally gave us a victory over the USA but made a weak T&T side eliminate them. Now this very unexpected result.

Oh well. Nothing a St. Thomas bath can't cure. Or Burrell!
                            Mosiah: The match stats says otherwise!

Unless the reporter has led us astray...(once more? )

Downswell's aggregation -

"Jamaica, led by English-based striker Luton Shelton, Eric Vernon and Rafe Wolfe of Belgian team Whitestar, peppered the Bahamian team, especially in the first half, but outstanding goalkeeping from Dwayne Whylly and lack of focus in front of goal denied the Jamaicans.
                            ...and,

Downswell, who led the Under-20 team to a silver medal at the Pan-Am Games recently, said "we created anything between 13 and 14 easy scoring chances, but our concentration level and composure in front of goal let us down. We have no one to blame but ourselves."
                            ...and,

Jamaica completely dominated the first half where they created chance after chance and had the Bahamians scrambling to keep them at bay.
                            It appeared Jamaica would run out easy winners, surpassing the six goals scored by Haiti on Tuesday, but it turned out instead to be an exercise in frustration as despite beating the defence on numerous occasions, they just could not get the ball into the net.
                            ...and,

It appeared Jamaica would run out easy winners, surpassing the six goals scored by Haiti on Tuesday, but it turned out instead to be an exercise in frustration as despite beating the defence on numerous occasions, they just could not get the ball into the net.
                            On the other hand, goalkeeper Dwayne Kerr made one save in the first half, in the 39th minute, and three more in the second.
                            ...and finally

Jamaica had one last chance of at least coming away with a draw in the 88th minute when Shelton finally got rid of his marker, Justin Sealy, dribbled from inside the Jamaican half, went to the right and his cross beat the goalkeeper and the defence. But Vernon, who was at the far post, lost his footing and fell before the ball got to him.
                            According to the report our problem - the TEAM's problem (must have been great TEAMwork to have had so many chances...or, was it a lousy Bahamas aggregation?) was taking of goalscoring chances!

Take a deep breath - Separate yourself from the herd mentally. - Let the reporter's facts speak. - Easy with the blame game.

Perhaps, after this second match you may be free to 'kill the selection method' and the coach. This Bahamas match was not a coaching problem unless we are going to claim a breakdown in teaching how to put away chances.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                            X