RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dida gets 2 match ban for acting audition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dida gets 2 match ban for acting audition.

Maldini expresses Dida ban dismay

MILAN, Oct 12 (Reuters) - AC Milan captain Paolo Maldini said he could not understand why UEFA had banned goalkeeper Dida for two matches but only fined Celtic for the incident at last week's Champions League game.

Dida was punished on Thursday for playacting after a Celtic supporter ran on to the pitch in the final stages of the match and made light contact with the Brazilian, who dramatically collapsed to the floor after initially giving chase.

UEFA's disciplinary committee fined Celtic 60,000 Swiss Francs ($50,980), half of which will be suspended for a two-year probationary period, for failing to keep the fan off the pitch.

'I do not understand the difference in treatment,' Maldini told the club website on Friday.

'More than 10 years ago they would ban teams from their stadium for two games for a little bottle hitting a goalkeeper.

'Dida made a mistake but I don't understand this disparity,' added the 39-year-old, who is close to fitness after knee surgery in the close season.

Milan said on Thursday they would appeal against Dida's ban.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

dida should appeal and claim that he did it to avoid being hurt...i.e. 'playing possum'.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Two games seems harsh, and a fine of a 1,000 eruros would have been more appropriate.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It reminds me of what often happens in some churches, the so called healer, pastor man, touches a worshiper(around the same place Dida.)and the person is floored. Were they playacting or is it more psychological?
        UEFA probably jumped the gun, ongle wid a video taped confession from Dida should they make that decision.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
        X