• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz Stunned!

BOYZ STUNNED!
    as Bahamas pull off 1-0 upset win

PAUL REID
    Friday, October 12, 2007

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti - Jamaica's Under-23 coach, Wendell Downswell, seems to be in shock after his team's 1-0 loss against the Bahamas last night. (Photo: Paul Reid)

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti - Jamaica's chances of advancing to the football tournament at the Beijing Olympics took a nosedive last night when they were beaten 1-0 by minnows Bahamas in the Caribbean Football Union second-round qualifying match at the Stade Sylvio Cator here.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...199&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Looks like Downdell got outcoached by the Brazillan coach!

Was Bora there on the bench ?

Why is he not coaching at these matches?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Haiti - Obeah

Look like dis time Obeah stronger than Bad luck. Even though I'm not a big fan of Boyus, I think he can't be blamed this time..A we h Shelton a learn a england?

Comment

It so funny, somebody lick mi wid a rathid rockstone inna mi belly when mi read the score. I don't know is who but all the wind gone outta mi and it hurt so bad, bwoy bwoy bwoy, it hurts so bad a wonder if a the Haitian vodooo, the Trini commissioner, or a salt Boxhill.

Downsell look to be in bad shape based on the picture, them better monitor him blood pressure.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

fi siddun pon championship bench and play TEAM.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            Looks like Downdell got outcoached by the Brazillan coach!

Was Bora there on the bench ?

Why is he not coaching at these matches?
            Your players - based on the report - missing goals like dirt? Outcoached? No - the report does not say that!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Doesn't have to Karl..the results show...will we now all agree that Downswell is out of his league?

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Doesn't have to Karl..the results show...will we now all agree that Downswell is out of his league?
                or ... maybe the players just not good enough?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  No I don't agree that he is out of his league. Especially not against his fellow Caribbean counterparts.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

dis is the bahamas that:

1. lose 8-0 to haiti; and,
                    2. wendell said he wanted to beat by more than 8-0?

i wonder what else was in those late arriving pieces of luggage

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I don't agree either!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

His tenure can be described as inconsistent at best.

I don't think he is a very good defensive coach, he needs to work in that area of his game.

If he takes the credit for winning in South America guess what?

Comment

alrite..mi neva want to have to resort to this...but it look like mi going to haffi come outta retirement to play some under 23 football fi jamaica!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

23USD? What is the exchange rate in your parts??

Comment

Stage fright? Panic attack?

Comment

Working...
                              X