Official report - Bahamas/Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official report - Bahamas/Jamaica

Since Sickko nuh wan release ie. I guess he is still shell shocked!
    I hope Boxhill take the bad luck with him.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    BAHAMAS STUN JAMAIACA 1-0
    The Bahamas Men's U-23 National Team stunned Jamaica 1-0 today in the CFU Group H Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. After losing heavily to Haiti on Tuesday, the team had it all to play for, and play they did. The team weathered Jamaica's onslaught in a first half that saw Jamaica outshoot the Bahamas considerably, somewhere around 35-2.

But the match certainly lived up to the catch phrase "A game of two halves". After a less than friendly half time talk, Technical Director Neider Dos Santos' boys came out and played the game of their lives. The Bahamas matched wits and ability with the Jamaican team, and truly deserving of the effort given, got the goal that mattered in the 80th minute. The "stunner" came in the 83rd minute from froward Lesley St. Fleur, who after some good interpassing found himself clear and coolly slotted home the match winner. The goal sent a wave of emotion through the entire Bahamian delegation in Haiti, and was rousingly cheered by the Haitian crowd in attendance.

The result will also send a shock wave through the entire Caribbean, and sound a warning that the Bahamas is on the move. Technical Director Neider Dos Santos' work ethics with the squad, and the effort put in by the entire technical staff and players shows just what the Bahamas is capable of. BFA President Anton Sealey was awash with emotions on learning the news of the result. "This is a fantastic result for Bahamian football and shows what we are capable of if we truly commit to the task at hand." Sealey and his team of executives took some strong and controversial decisions to put the Bahamas on its present track and feels that this result lends credibility to the work being put in at all levels. "This result is not something that has happened overnight, but rather as a result of decisions made to focus on youth some 10 years ago, to put much of the association's effort and attention into developing the game over that same period, and to the committed effort of many coaches, parents, administrators and players, buying into the idea and working along with it." Football in the Bahamas certainly still does have a long way to go, but today's result shows that the path currently trodden is the right one. The result of the U-23's in Haiti against such formidable opposition as Jamaica is a tremendous one and every coach, player and administrator involved deserved a hearty congratulations for a job well done. The team returns to the Bahamas on Friday, October 12, 2007 at 4:55 pm
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

eeeeeeek!

Zeppo, any comment(s).

Thanks in advance.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I have no expectations when it comes to Jamaican football. I know certain forumites rate Downswell highly especially after outstanding performances with the senior team versus England & Ghana.
      Last edited by Hortical; October 12, 2007, 03:25 AM.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Young Reggae Boyz' Olympic dreams in tatters

Young Reggae Boyz' Olympic dreams in tatters
        published: Friday | October 12, 2007

JAMAICA'S YOUNG Reggae Boyz' hopes of an historic debut at the 2008 Olympics Games in Beijing, China suffered a near fatal blow yesterday with a 1-0 loss to The [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]Bahamas[/COLOR][/COLOR] at the Stade Sylvio Cator in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
        Diminutive Haiti-born striker Lesley St. Fleur gave The Bahamas the all-important goal in the 83rd minute, all but eliminating the Jamaicans from the competition.
        With only the group winner advancing from the second round to the CONCACAF final round, the other team in the second round group, Haiti, is in prime position.
        In Tuesday's opener against The Bahamas, Alain Vubert's and Leonel Saint Preux's braces pushed Haiti to a 6-0 thrashing of The Bahamians.
        Must win game
        The result means that in order for the Jamaicans to advance to the CONCACAF Men's Under-23 Championship they will now have to beat the Haitian team by seven clear goals when they meet tomorrow. The winners of each Caribbean second-round group will meet three Central American teams, Canada, Mexico and United States in the final phase of qualifying. The CONCACAF Under-23 Championship will qualify two teams to next year's Olympics.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          eeeeeeek!

Zeppo, any comment(s).

Thanks in advance.
          No.

I prefer to just sit back and wait for some of Shatta's comments about how Jamaica will soon be dominating CONCACAF.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

What I like to observe is the roller coaster ride we put ourselves on. I am too disappointed to go searching for those posts following the silver medal performance of the Pan Am team, but I believe we can all remember the many posts bigging up Wendell then.

You are either good or you are not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They played well then, but many were continuously ignoring the opposition that they faced and the results of the under 20s before that tournament.

They still have a chance, with Luton's pace if they can score early against the Hatians it might be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                They played well then, but many were continuously ignoring the opposition that they faced and the results of the under 20s before that tournament.

They still have a chance, with Luton's pace if they can score early against the Hatians it might be possible.
                AHAHAHAHAH. Pass di dutchie wha u a smoke nuh don yuh jus a hold pon it so.

Comment

You did not see the story and pictures in the Observer today? What more did you want?

I have n idea who wrote this piece but if he saw Bahamas match wits with jamaica inj the second half hemust have left and went elsewhere...No time did Bahamas manage to put three or four passes together.

If we played them nine more times in the next month we beat them nine times.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

You better keep your words to a minimum and make sure they are soft because you might be forced to eat them soon, Thursday's result should be taken with a grain of salt and is not indficative of the strengths of either programmes.

Dont forget we just won the silver medal at the Pan-Am games and about five of those Under 20 players are here.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

all good an well but you hear them say 1-0 sting?

A the worst thing when you dominate and loose 1-0 especially to a team like Bahamas. you nuh expect the coach fi say them lucky?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sickko, people were interested in hearing the same evening what had happened. I noticed you were on the site and could not or would not post the results. I therefore went to the bahamas Football Federation site and that is where I got the result. You will notice the time I posted and we were waiting for some feedback well before any report from the Gleaner or Observer would have been available.

Wha yuh tek this ting fah? We sen yuh ah Haiti fi provide us report even before the Observer get it.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

No I wa snot on the site at all...I seems to have some difficulties with the iMac at workl as I cant seem to log off it...I was at rthe game, we left the hotel at 2:00pm and did not get back till after 6:00pm when i had to write my report and did not finish tell 9:00pm and I did write some thing not long as trust me the loss was stinging all of us.

Even he Haitian guy who is assigned to us wa sso upset he could not eat the hotel food, which is a rarity for him..all 80 lbs of him
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

That might be the problem. U-20s playing U-23 tourney?! Maybe Brazil can do that, but not us.

And even Brazil tried that in the Pan Am U-20s, sending their U-17s who were promptly eliminated!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The Bahamas team is average age 18 years old the coach says
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X