Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If CONCACAF WC qualifying started today which 11 start

Fuller, King

Dane Richards, Jerry Hue(yes even an unfit, not playing first team ball Hue is better than anyone else mawning Mosiah ) Stephenson, Fabian Davis

Gardner, Swaby, Davis, Stew Peas (Marshall would be my chioce but not sure if he still has the fire in his belly)

Ricketts ( close call with McCallum)

Suh Nosworthy of Sunderland can't mek yuh defense? Ricketts is struggling in a D3 setup, I do not think Bora is going to give him the bligh over McCallum.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Suh Nosworthy of Sunderland can't mek yuh defense? Ricketts is struggling in a D3 setup, I do not think Bora is going to give him the bligh over McCallum.
      Bredrin me no rate Nos over any yard born/play a froiegn defender we have, he might bring some professionalism but other than that he is a bench warmer. As for the keeper I agree that Ricketts might no be the man.

Comment

Suh wha happen to Shavar. Is he foreign born?

I am glad Bora will not see things like you but play the best players as he sees it. I cannot make a case for Nosworthy however as I have not seen the play of the other people competing for the defense positions except for Big Claude. Well, saw Stewpeas play in the game against Chile, if you ask me it was a "Tappaesque" type of performance. I don't mean young Tappa either. . .
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

King Shelton

Hue
          Demar phillips Euell

Stephenson

Gardener C. Davis Nosworthy Daley

Kerr

Comment

Scaly, have u seen him play?

Comment

Fuller, King yes (Shelton.Bennet)
              Campbell Ryce / we need to look at (Julian Gray)Gardner, Stephenson, Hue, Ricahrds?
              Lovel Palmer, StewPeas, Noseworhy, Davis( I think Tyrone has gotten too slow) need to play with a sweeper if using him.)
              GK pick you choice (they all have too much weakness)

Comment

Mi like da side deh Rico. I think Nosworthy is a damn good defender and it would be a shame if we mek because him nuh born a yard be a criteria for his non selection.

Do you think Euell is on top of his game to command a starting position in the team? I don't see him doing anything in the EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
                  Scaly, have u seen him play?
                  If u mean Nosworthy ? Yes many times nothing special in my books. he is u typical english black player....nobodda jump down on me now fi dat statement u all know what I mean.

Comment

nobodda jump down on me now fi dat statement u all know what I mean.
                    Don't assume that all of us know what you mean. Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                      Don't assume that all of us know what you mean. Please explain.
                      Let me come correct Tilla it should be old time english black player...meaning very direct, no skill, no frill, no flair, love the long kick, one advantage though is that they have speed.

ok i'll stop now that statement was so unlike me.

Comment

Kind of the problem with us Jamaicans. What we look for in a player is not necessarily what the rest of the world use to define a good player. Frankly, I do not think Stewpeas or Big Claude are in the same class as Nosworthy. I have watched Nosworthy in a number of games since the season starts and I think he would be a damn good addition to our back line. Notice I have not said the same about Darren Moore, as Moore more fits your description.

I do not know which game you have seen Nosworthy in, but I do not recall any I have seen where he is making big kicks out of the back. Look at how unorthodox Stewpeas can look when playing defense for us, but I guess you consider that skill. I see Peas as very direct with minimum skill or flair and he loves the long kicks out of the back. You do not see that in him however because you are so biased. It is really sad when you consider that you are also a fariner.

Your response to the team selection is the very reason why we will get nowhere with a local coach. It does not matter what a player brings, if 'im nuh born a yahd, then they will find all the faults with him. To get back to the World Cup it is going to require another Rene or the same Bora, as only they will look at the total player and not the little frills you think make a good player.
                        Last edited by Tilla; October 9, 2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X