Scaly come back from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaly come back from

London yet? Mi know him fly up fi the Liverpool game as him went to give Jol some tips. It almost worked bredren.

Unuh nuh see that Robinson cyaan keep a secret? Him is like dem woman dem call "Come to save us!" Everybody can score. Unuh need fi bench him.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

scaly playing for west ham under the name "bobby zamora"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I sad to a friend of mine sitting beside me watching the

game that Spurs always lose their discipline when leading, Lee should have shut that player down and not let him get a cross off but as per usual Spurs blows the lead.

It will be a long year. and yes Karl Jol needs to go quickly.

Comment

Spurs should hire Jose Mo if they fire Jol.

Comment

Originally posted by Matter View Post
          Spurs should hire Jose Mo if they fire Jol.
          I read that there is an agreement that he cannot coach in England. Not certain how true it is though.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ever?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              Ever?
              Doubt it, but I think it was Terry Venebles that was upset about it.

Comment

why was he upset? i believe it is for a period of time and it might have been a condition of the 13 million (GBP/$? it nuh really matter...does it?) payout.

Comment

12 months according to this article.

why was he upset? i believe it is for a period of time and it might have been a condition of the 13 million (GBP/$? it nuh really matter...does it?) payout.
                  Mourinho picks up £18m and prepares to depart England
                  By Jason Burt
                  Published: 22 September 2007
                  Chelsea doubled the compensation package on offer to Jose Mourinho to €26m (£18m) after he was offered the job of being Tottenham Hotspur's new manager no less than five times on Thursday.

In an extraordinary sequence of events Mourinho agreed to not join any Premier League club within the next 12 months in return for an extra, unexpected, payment of £10m from the Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

However, the persistent efforts of the Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to hire Mourinho – offering to match the £5.2m-a-year he earned at Stamford Bridge, which made him the world's best-remunerated manager – shows just how precarious the future of the present manager Martin Jol is.

Last night the Dutchman was said to be furious after hearing that his job had been offered to Mourinho. Jol is already understood, after Spurs also held talks with the Seville coach Juande Ramos, to have sought legal advice from the League Managers Association as his position has become untenable. It is clear that Spurs are now casting around for a replacement.

Mourinho will return to Portugal today, after his children bade farewell to their class-mates and teachers yesterday, and will look for a job outside England following a holiday, probably in Brazil.

"I think my next step must be another country, must be another experience, another football," Mourinho said last night. "But I am 44, I hope I have many years in front of me. I love English football and I don't change a single word I've said before."

But for the next year he will have to work elsewhere. Mourinho has also signed a standard confidentiality agreement with Chelsea, preventing him from speaking about his sudden departure, and accepted that he will not poach players and staff when he gets another job. The club are most concerned about losing Didier Drogba, who remains extremely upset by the manager's departure.

Mourinho certainly did not expect to receive such a huge pay-off and probably should send Levy a text message of thanks. He had under three years left on his contract, which was due to expire in June 2010, equating to approximately £13m, and although he originally had demanded full payment he knew that he could not expect any more than two-thirds, around £8.5m.

Indeed, on leaving the club on Wednesday night, Mourinho accepted that he would not receive all the money and also told Chelsea executives that he would not fight for it either. At that time his agent Jorge Mendes, who was watching another of his high profile clients – Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo – play in Lisbon, was still in Portugal.

Mendes flew to London on Thursday, and was still there yesterday handling negotiations, but said before he set off that he did not expect any difficulties and that Mourinho was happy with what he was to receive. But following Levy's intervention Chelsea decided that they did not want to risk the embarrassment of Mourinho crossing London to take over at Spurs.

A portion of the compensation package will go to Mourinho's four trusty assistants – Baltemar Brito, Silvinho Louro, Rui Faria and Andre Villas Boas – who all, also, left Chelsea on Thursday. The five arrived at Stamford Bridge from Porto in June 2003, with Mourinho insisting that he would only come if his backroom staff joined him.

Mourinho admitted he was "happy" to leave Chelsea after his three tumultuous but highly successful years.

"Roman, Peter [Kenyon, chief executive], the top people at the club are happy, and I'm happy, too," he said. "I was not sacked and I didn't close the door. If I wanted to close the door I would do it before – at the end of season. So mutual agreement I think is the correct English for what happened."

Yesterday the Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck all but confirmed Mourinho had been prevented from staying in England by the severance agreement with Abramovich. Buck said: "With regards to his contract all I would say is that the specific terms are confidential. There is nothing in his contract that I as a corporate lawyer would view as particularly unusual in the context of an executive of a company moving on." Pressed on what the terms were he added: "The point is that is is a confidential thing between Chelsea Football Club and Jose."

Comment

I think it was Terry, I may be wrong, but the writer was upset that Chelsea was blocking him coaching in England. I didn't read all of it since there were no quotes from any of the parties involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X