• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibbs snubs National Champ due to 'remote' venue

(Sass - Is what wrang wid dis bredda?)

Dibbs snubs National Champ due to 'remote' venue

BY PAUL BURROWES
    Friday, September 28, 2007

Jamaica Men's table tennis champion Joseph Dibbs will not be defending his Open single's title at the National Championship this weekend at GC Foster College in Angels, Spanish Town.
    DIBBS... Jamaica champion in 1998 and 2006
    Dibbs, champion in 1998 and 2006, described GC Foster College in a letter to the Jamaica Table Tennis Association (JTTA) as a "remote and unsuitable location".
    The JTTA had originally decided to stage the championship at the University of Technology, but because of the hurricane it was postponed and G C Foster College was chosen as the new venue.
    Parish team events will begin today, with Junior and Senior competitions getting underway tomorrow. The finals will take place on Sunday.
    In his letter dated September 24 to the JTTA, Dibbs noted: "As defending national champion I would like to register my strong objections that the National Championship has been moved to the GC Foster College, a venue that is totally unsuitable for this event.
    "The deplorable conditions at GC Foster College serve only to lower the standard of the game and create results that do not reflect the quality and hard work of players here in Jamaica.
    "Many players have expressed to me similar objections... and this isolated venue requires considerable effort to access on a continuous basis, as will be required for the competition," he explained.
    President of the JTTA, Keith Garvey, had been in a meeting all day yesterday and could not comment. Dibbs apart, other defending champions are scheduled to take part.
    Yvonne Foster will defend her Women's Open singles crown. Foster and Peter Moo Young won the mixed doubles last year, Darryl Strachan and Rohan Schloss took the Men's doubles, and Andrea Wadsworth and Andrene Hart captured the Women's doubles.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post

Dibbs, champion in 1998 and 2006, described GC Foster College in a letter to the Jamaica Table Tennis Association (JTTA) as a "remote and unsuitable location".

Wooiiiee! mi belly battam! If a laff a popup!

Karl, ...sorry, let me get a hold of myself. Karl, Dibbs say dat GC Foster remote and unsuitable!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Karl, ...sorry, let me get a hold of myself. Karl, Dibbs say dat GC Foster remote and unsuitable!
      Anything North of Molynes road.. him not in dat.. wheh yuh tek fah ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Guess him missing UTECH so him can strike another player with his ball
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

him just behaving "dibby dibby"....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

whats up with the picture... is that the only pic they have... referencing jamaica national champion and showing a pic with the big usa emblazoned.. these editors... do they work...

as to this dibbs fellow... him cockety bwoy...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
            X