• Asafa runs 9.83 in Germany

Sports Briefing | Track and Field
    Powell Wins 100 in Germany

Article Tools Sponsored By
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: September 23, 2007

Asafa Powell used a strong start to win the 100 meters in 9.83 seconds yesterday at the World Athletics Final in Stuttgart, Germany. Battling a head wind, Powell, a Jamaican, was 0.09 seconds short of the world record he set two weeks ago in Italy. Jaysuma Saidy Ndure of Norway was second in 10.06 and Michael Frater of Jamaica third in 10.11.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by Hortical View Post

Article Tools Sponsored By
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: September 23, 2007

Asafa Powell used a strong start to win the 100 meters in 9.83 seconds yesterday at the World Athletics Final in Stuttgart, Germany. Battling a head wind, Powell, a Jamaican, was 0.09 seconds short of the world record he set two weeks ago in Italy. Jaysuma Saidy Ndure of Norway was second in 10.06 and Michael Frater of Jamaica third in 10.11.
    Does this event counts for a World event? It has World in its name.
    "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

Classic :LOL:, ask Gamma, Islandman and ....

To DATE!!

He is STILL the FASTEST!!! MAN EVER!!!

Asafa Powell from Jamaica, very proud of YOU!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

who has disputed that to date asafa is the faster man ever? or even that we are not proud of him?

as the fastest man in the world ever (to date) one would think he would have won the gold at a major championship...to date he has always choked, fact or fiction?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You really have time? Is either Mexxx is totally unware of the significance of the World Championships on the IAAF calendar, or he is some kind of denial about Asafas problem at big meets.

And yes we are ALL proud of Asafa. We just want him to accept that he does have a problem and then maybe he can overcome it. If his approach, like Mexxx, is to deny that he has a problem then we will be right back here next year debating how important winning an Olympic gold medal is in an athletes career.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This is like how people say wi bash our footballers just because wi talking truth. Anybody bashing Asafa, or dem just talking truth?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Does this event counts for a World event? It has World in its name.
              Yuh mean iffen a waaan good good Gold Medal?
              Mi nuh tink suh!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"We just want him to accept that he does have a problem and then maybe he can overcome" What was his reply on the question?

Comment

I don't know if it was asked of him in a general sense. I know he admitted that he lost the most recent "race of the year" due to the pressure of the moment and though hard to hear, it is good that he realises it. I think he may need the services of a professional though, and who knows he may well be working on that.

My issue is more with those who are trying to downplay it by talking about his world records being sufficient to compensate for these losses.

It goes without saying that Asafa is Jamaicas best 100m sprinter ever, of either gender, and that is no ordinary feat in a country which has produced World/Olympic 100m medalists like McKenley, Miller, Quarrie, Ottey and Campbell. But him need some yellow metal, BAD, so he can be considered a candidate for greatest 100m sprinter ever, period.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                  X