How nobody mention that our Decathlete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How nobody mention that our Decathlete

Maurice Smith is in first place after 5 events?

With five to go, Maurice Smith leads with 4,525 points. Dmitriy Karpov of Kazakhstan was next at 4,439 and Czech Olympic champion Roman Sebrle had 4,434.

This is incredible!

Great not being a Trini!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

it is great...but i think he has already competed in his stronger events and the ones left may not favour him....in any event cometh the hour cometh the man ... i am watching it with some guarded optimism....in other words mi nuh wa'an goat mout him!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Cool.

Meanwhile:

"No problem," said relay member Wallace Spearmon. "If the Jamaicans say that they can beat the world record - OK. They can beat it, but they will still be only second in the final.''

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

heheheheheh...it's ON!!!! wallace feel seh the psyche is already fragile...btw how a man fi have wallace fi a first name? dem name him after wallis simpson?

i

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Actually the discuss is his best event and he can throw about 54m, he is a more than decent 110m hurdler as well so he could extend his lead after those two tonight but he will struggle with the pole vault and the javelin his two weakest events.

He is in great shape however and has three PBs so far, in the 100m, LJ and HJ so maybe he can at least match his personal bests in the two weak event.

Also Brian Clay the defending champ is also out.

Anything in the top three will be good for me.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I expect him to medal, and as you rightly say he is PBing the meet! I really expect the gold!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

With five to go, Maurice Smith leads with 4,525 points. Dmitriy Karpov of Kazakhstan was next at 4,439 and Czech Olympic champion Roman Sebrle had 4,434.

This is incredible!

Great not being a Trini!
              He actually leads after 6 events. He won the 110M hurdles with the fastest time!

I must confess that I was not payng him or his event any attention until this morning. Was surprised to see a Jamaican leading that event. I just dismissed his Pan Am Gold...as again egg is on my face...everytime the decathlon came on at the Pan Am games I just tuned out.

I saw that he won and saw him on the podium...but, I just assumed sub-par competition won with best of a bad (as when compared to the rest of the world) lot. Was I wrong or what? He is going very well....although someone posted on Willi's site that his weak events are coming up!

btw - He has also done some PBs...sorry I still have not given his exploits a good look! (red face! fool look!)

...but, Clap him!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

His first throw in the second group of the discuss was at least three metres farther than anyone in the first group but his group is the tough group so lets wait and see..
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  His first throw in the second group of the discuss was at least three metres farther than anyone in the first group but his group is the tough group so lets wait and see..
                  Are you watching?

I had stopped - was tuned in to TVJ.
                  Gone over to EuroSport ES.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

This is incredible!

Great not being a Trini!
                    Just took a look. He won the Discus and improved his lead. He now leads by 172 points! ...with pole vault, javelin and 1500 meters to come.
                    Clap him, again!

Comment

I must be watching replays?

I see the 4 x 1 coming up.

Comment

Pole Vault: Smith just clear another personal best - 4.70 metres

Comment

Still leading!
                          Saw a board with over 8000 points....and, a lead of 130 points.

Comment

Smith - SILVER!
                            CONGRATS!

Comment

that is great.

good to see we can compete in these events as well
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X