Bolt's post race comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt's post race comments

I tried hard, but for the moment he is unbeatable. I m proud of myself to get the silver for Jamaica. Hey, I m one of the best in the world, that is not small. I had a good start, good first 100 m, then I was really trying hard, but he was better. It gives me a lot of motivation to work even harder for next season to be able to beat him. Asafa may had a chance even here in case he would have been his best race. I want to try next year. I will use more 400 m races to get stronger and try to be the best.

As for the 4, Bolt should be running that too. But I suspect he is too fragile for that distance and competition.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ha ha ha...I heard Lennox Graham on TV today saying Bolt can be the greatest ever 400m runner in our history.

That is extremely high praises given our glorious history in the quarter mile dating back some 50 years.

Not the first time I have heard some one say that and if my memory serves me right I have heard DQ echo the very same sentiments.

I know Bolt had said in years gone by he did not like running the 400m as it was too hard but who knows what the thinking is now that he has matured and has a new mind set.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

I think he will currently have a hard time running the 4. He has trememdous speed but I don't think he has the endurance at this level now but by running the 4 it will give him the strenght he needs in the later part of the two, and as he said previously he is now serious about his track game so I am really looking forward to next season. At the beginning of this season Spearmon had his ticket but he has improved and now has Spearmon's ticket.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ow old is Bolt now, is he 20 as yet?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Bolt turned 21 last week and mek Assassin gwaan chat phart, Bolt ran 45 seconds plus as a 16 year old, come a talk bout endurance.

Endurance comes from training, it is not inherent...
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              Endurance comes from training, it is not inherent...
              You are right!
              ...but, you could have stretched it be saying "Endurance comes from having the physical and mental strength to...Yup! - you said, to endure!"

You have to have the mental fortitude that makes you 'eat up pain' in the last 60-40 meters of the 400M and not falter...but, run composed (relaxed) and push harder.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes he did run 45 at 16 but how many 4 has he competed in? if you notice Bolt run the first 100 of the 200 very strong and is always caught in the last 60?

I am only basing my argument on what I see over the past 2 years. Why has he not competed in many 4s if he is so great at it? As Bolt himself know the needs the strenght in the last 100 metre to be a world beater at the 200.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X