RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IAAF World Champs 4x1 Men - ASAFA V GATLIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAF World Champs 4x1 Men - ASAFA V GATLIN!

The commentators once again misstate the info on that leg. You can slow the video by using the "stop & pause" buttons. You shall see that Carter got burned by the American and ASAFA got the baton in 2nd place. ...and amazingly delivered it in 1st place. ASAFA burnt Gatlin!!! ...that is contrary to what was first said by the commentators 'in the emotional heat of the moment'.

Incidentally all our changes could have been better.

https://youtu.be/MgZsjmBjRg0

(Incidentally the tape rolls and you can see other races. Crystal Clear videos).
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Columbus!

We know that long time.

Same way Natty Diamond lit up Felix. We destryed them on the backstretch each time, but due to changes, we needed Ashes to light up Gay and he did.

Comment

Cant be the yanks as he was way ahead in Lane 6, due to stagger. It must have been the French in Blue, Lane 5 to our lane 4?

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how we talk about these relay legs with such precision, as if each runner handed over the baton at exactly after running 100m!

The changeover box is 20m in length if memory serves me right. I swear Jacky Pusey must have run 140m and left the other 260m for the other 3 runners to divi up! How now would you time her leg?!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL, I am with you on that. Between baton changes and use of the box it is far from precise in a 4x100m.

Thats like at the 2012 Olympics when we claim to have won every leg, yet Bolt still had work to do to dismiss the future throat slasher.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            LOL, I am with you on that. Between baton changes and use of the box it is far from precise in a 4x100m.

Thats like at the 2012 Olympics when we claim to have won every leg, yet Bolt still had work to do to dismiss the future throat slasher.
            But it's the same in the 4x400. Some runners hand over 6 persons deep because of where the runner handing over the baton is placed at the 150 (?) mark. Some have to skip around other runners...it gets crazy! Yet we quote these split times like it is a science!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not quite the same as the 4x100 where 3-5 hundredths of a second makes a big difference on each leg but I would agree that it is not precise either.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

We need good changes and the world record would have gone!

btw - Columbus was merely showing that the comments on Francis' run as 'called' in the video you put up was a NONSENSE CALL coloured by (his)emotion. He tried to be 'fair' but I would think his perceptions were affected by his emotional tie to the British & N. Ireland TEAM.

The words he used to describe Mr. Javon Francis were crass...definitely 'not fair'!!!

Yup!...boss, I was thinking of that 4x4 and our Francis...and used this 4x1 to underscore my position!!!! That was that...by Columbus!!!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Never ceases to amaze me how we talk about these relay legs with such precision, as if each runner handed over the baton at exactly after running 100m!

The changeover box is 20m in length if memory serves me right. I swear Jacky Pusey must have run 140m and left the other 260m for the other 3 runners to divi up! How now would you time her leg?!?!?

Granted your facts are correct...and 'common assault'...sensible thing to get greatest speed used during relays so it is usually deliberate to maximize on your fastest guys' legs.

e.g. Asafa and Bolt being our demon speed merchants could/would/should be called on to run more than 100M each. In Asafa's case he could take the baton early in the exchange box and deliver same late...Bolt having only one exchange would be asked to take the baton 'early'.

...so your facts are correct...so what is the point?
                  Asafa still destroyed Gatlin!

Comment

200m mark!

Yes and split are recorded when the BATON travels 400m, not the runner.

Comment

Gatlin faded in the last 10m.

Him owl and ran too much during the season...and still did the double as well. Foolish mortal.

Comment

You spoke, but nothing was underscored. LoL

Comment

And it makes amends for when that baton has to maneuver between runners who have already handed off?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            Not quite the same as the 4x100 where 3-5 hundredths of a second makes a big difference on each leg but I would agree that it is not precise either.
                            Yes, but wi still talking about Donk's split as 43.52, accurate to one-hundredth of a second despite those intangibles.

It's like when our weather reporters say the temperature in Kingston was 32.8 degrees today. Nonsensical!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LoL

Tru dat

Comment

Working...
                              X