Clear All

• On British Euro Sport Mo Greene

gave his top four (or was it five?) performances of the Championships:

What I remember are from no 1 to 4.

1. Men's 400M Final
    2. Decathlon performance (WR)
    3. Women's 200M final
    4. Men's 100M final

I can't say I would argue with that. I would have put decathlon no. 1 as I have a tremendous admiration for these all-rounders who don't get the recognition (unless they change their sex LOL) they deserve. I would also put the women's 5,000metres in a top 5.*

* Based on performances I saw.

Any other top four order for anyone?
    Peter R

For me, the 100m hurdles would have to be up there.

And not because it is one of the best events on the track!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What I really liked about this Worlds was the number of really competitive events. it was great.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Greene made that point especially for the 400M; he said how competitive each round of that race was and the fact that the 1,2,3 in the final were under 44.

The commentator in the 4x4 remarked also that he had never seen so many finishers together at the final curve of a 4x4. I am not an overtly emotional or excitable person but the ladies' 4x4 had me jumping (on my one foot LOL) off my sofa and shoutin...wife want to know if sumpting happen... but of course! we mash up de 4x4. I think emotionally, can't explain why, that race moved me the most! Big up to the entire team.

Now, there will be great pressure on the team to repeat these performances in Rio... I was looking to see if tickets were on sale but I am getting "access denied" by the Rio website ... http://www.rio2016.com/en/the-games/olympic when I click on "tickets".
        Peter R

Comment

Both flat 400m are up there for me. That run by Felix to destroy the field and the SA youth running his guts out. The number one for me is our girls 4x400m. Exquisite.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes, and the new champions, like van Niekerk, who will be my favourite for Rio. (The first prediction for Rio from the Prediction King! ) Danielle Williams, Dafne Schippers, ET (not champ but soon to be the best female sprinter in the world. Another prediction. ) The winner of the 400m hurdles for men.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Women's 4x4

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not trying to make it to Rio but London 2017 looks very doable.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Men's 400 final had one contestant per country. Now that is competitive

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

2nd dat
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                    X