Javon took it out too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javon took it out too soon

Adrenalin rush! Good run though... Stoni, the 8th gold was almost there!
    Peter R

Yeah, burnt out himself & had nothing for the finish. He will learn from this.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bwoy me ah tell you. Chambers the man we all rooted for gave us a poor leg after Matthews gave us a good leg. Man it really bun mi that little shediat Rooney from GB beat us!!!!!

Comment

He had to...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Could have paced himself directly behind the US & T&T, and the final kick at the end.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I guess... sorry we missed out on a medal.
            Peter R

Comment

Yes but he would have had to spend a lot of energy to get there and if he got there and just stayed there his kick would have been less potent ... I think he was goin for gold and that was the way to do it

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Thank you. 100% correct.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What did I predict??

Stay deh mek Historian gwaan like him know dis better dan me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hey guys while we debate what Jevon should or should not have done I just found out that Jevon had the fastest split of all the runners in the relay 43.52. Better than Merrit's 44.3. I kinda think he did the right thing.

Comment

Hopefully he will learn. Just bearly missed it.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Totally did the right thing if gold was the objective.

All who say he could have kicked and caught Merrit at the end from so far behind must never hear bout lactic acid before.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

3rd dat,as mi say we had 2 strong possibilities of Gold and Donks was playing possum in the heat he did it last time and got us a medal.

Donkey to di Worlll.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                            Hey guys while we debate what Jevon should or should not have done I just found out that Jevon had the fastest split of all the runners in the relay 43.52. Better than Merrit's 44.3. I kinda think he did the right thing.
                            Here are the official splits. Javon and the British runner and both arrived at the tape at the same time to the 100th of a second but Javon ran a faster than the British runner. What else could Francis have done to get to the tape sooner than the British runner? Nothing. Francis needed lion hearts like Hyde or O'Hara to give him the baton earlier.

http://media.aws.iaaf.org/competitio...f?v=1904168644
                            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

There is no way he could have caught Merrit or the Trini. Doubt he would have faded to 4th by pushing so hard to lead the race that he was out of gas at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X