Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question. ShellyAnn didn't

qualify to run the 200M?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No she didn't and ET did not qualify to run the 100,a gift to the Dutch in my opinion.
    ET makes up grounds even before she raises her head after getting out the blocks and with continued acceleration..That brings me to deacceleration and the subsequent fallacies.Usain after stumbling in heat 2,had to run hard all the way to the line to beat the field of competitors,yet he deaccelerates nearing the finish line in the finals and Gatlin is said to almost catch him.Similarly,the royal one(Shelly-Ann)raises her hand
    before crossing the line whilst all the other runners needed theirs for propulsion.
    Not to mention the level of stress clearly on the faces of Gatlin and the flying dutch in attempting to cross the line..Gatlin's reminds me of the runner in Usain's second heat that clearly ran at unprecedented speed and thus had problems deaccelerating.
    Not as close as they think.

Comment

She didn't have to qualify because she is the current champion. If she wanted to run it, she could.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        She didn't have to qualify because she is the current champion. If she wanted to run it, she could.
        So she opted not to run the 200?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Correct , or her coach opted depending on what you want to believe
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Correct , or her coach opted depending on what you want to believe
            Thanks. Not a track enthusiast so i wasn't aware.

Comment

boss, face it, yuh just unaware!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You Forgot One Thing

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                No she didn't and ET did not qualify to run the 100,a gift to the Dutch in my opinion.
                ET makes up grounds even before she raises her head after getting out the blocks and with continued acceleration..That brings me to deacceleration and the subsequent fallacies....Similarly,the royal one(Shelly-Ann)raises her hand
                before crossing the line whilst all the other runners needed theirs for propulsion.
                Not to mention the level of stress clearly on the faces of Gatlin and the flying dutch in attempting to cross the line.
                Rockie, Dafne Schippers is a former heptathlon athlete, so along with the speed (which she displayed in the 100-meter dash) she also has the strength and endurance that will surely benefit her in the 200-meter race. I love ET very much and I want her to win the 200-meter gold, but it won’t be easy with Schippers in the race. I’m sure you saw the 100-meter final. She was bearing down on Shelly-Ann like a freight train!!

Comment

Historian,seems the 100..was guaranteed to Shelly-Ann and the 200 to ET,simply by removing the strongest rival for both.It is a risky call but Shelly-Ann won..so my guess the 200 is ET's to lose.The powers that be were right regarding Shelly-Ann so ..
                  I do not think Schippers has ever ran against anyone as calm,confident,and methodical as ET,it is just a splendid opportunity for ET to beat her personal best if that is needed in order to win.I would be utterly shocked should ET lose.

Comment

Working...
                  X