4*400 possibilities in Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4*400 possibilities in Beijing

Now that Chambers is with the team is it possible to get in the final 2:57:45 or better.

If a first leg is possible if doing their best run, somebody like Matthews or whoever the weakest of the four is then we could get a 45.2 or worst case 45.9 then Chambers second and I believe he can give us 44.3 to 44.7 on his leg then rusheen with 44.0 to 44.4 and javon with 43.8 to 44.2 that should give us at best 2:57.3 or worst case 2:59.2 the first time may be competitive for gold if any mistakes elsewhere and the second time will be way down the track.

The outer bands of those ranges could be the difference between 3 and last...in a final

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, I can see donks stepping up and maybe rusheen but not sure about others

Comment

Would love to see us back in the 4x4 mix!
        Fingers and toes crossed...as I expect us to be in the finals.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

More Important Things To Consider!!

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Would love to see us back in the 4x4 mix!
          Fingers and toes crossed...as I expect us to be in the finals.
          Like you, Karl, I would like to see us “back in the mix”! After all, that’s where we first made our relay mark in 1952 at the Olympic Games in Helsinki, Finland: Arthur Wint (first leg), Les Laing (second leg), Herb McKenley (third leg) and George Rhoden (anchor), winning the gold medal and the getting the world record.

Incidentally, that was a one-time defeat of the Americans, as no other country defeated the USA men in an Olympic Games 4X400 relay until 60 years later when the Bahamas won this event at the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Personally speaking, the men’s 4x400-meter relay team is the LEAST of my worries right now. I could go back to the Michael Blackwood days to show my deep-seated contempt for our mile-relay men. So, when I occasionally feel depressed over this team, I simply push in my DVD recordings of triumphs such as the 1999 senior Pan Am Games in Canada, the 2005 Penn Relays, etc.

There are many more aspects of Jamaica’s performance in Beijing 2015 that we should probably spend more time on.

Comment

Historian: I can understand where you are coming from. Information on too many of our athletes pre-meet performances do not instill past level of confidence.

2 Gold? ...both from races which include Shelly-Ann?
            ...better than that and I would be overjoyed!

I know some say, do not bet against Usian. ...but I don't know
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              Yes, I can see donks stepping up and maybe rusheen but not sure about others
              You do know it is a bit different running 2 relay legs under pressure (at near or at top effort) than running the rounds in an individual event under that same pressure? My worry is, can his legs hold out? ...muscle problems?
              Last edited by Karl; August 20, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Javon has shown super endurance in competition, we saw him drop 44 flat in the final twice at top level games and actually saw that twice at world relays. 400 rounds start on Sunday and final is Wed, 4*400 final exam s Sunday, I think heats is sat so decent recovery time for a major championship.

Comment

Historian for a man with that kind of moniker I am surprised at your stance on this. We have never had three same season current sub 45 competition based 400 runners in the same 4*4 squad ever, if you cannot get excited for this one, I just cannot understand, why the long face? You should be excited, our fourth and fifth runners are low 45's??? This is the best of times!

Comment

Re: You Should Be Excited

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Historian for a man with that kind of moniker I am surprised at your stance on this. We have never had three same season current sub 45 competition based 400 runners in the same 4*4 squad ever, if you cannot get excited for this one, I just cannot understand, why the long face? You should be excited, our fourth and fifth runners are low 45's??? This is the best of times!
                    You are correct, Stoni, my friend, and we will see if your excitement was worth it in about two weeks from now! Nevertheless, you still don’t understand that right now I care very little about our 4x400-meter men’s chances. The women? Most certainly, because the awesome, world-level talent is definitely there (McPherson, Day, etc.)!

As far as our men go, I have a long memory, and I have been disappointed too many times! I could show you, for example, my recordings of the 4x400-meter relay at the Edmonton IAAF World Championships in 2001, or the Commonwealth Games in 2002, or the Olympic Games in 2004, or the Olympic Games in 2008!

All I’m trying to say is that there are events where Jamaica WILL make a powerful statement. I do not believe that the 4x400-meter relay for men is one of them. Have you checked out the teams from Trinidad, the Bahamas, and the USA?

Now, why have you not devoted your energy, for example, to a discussion of our powerful women’s 4x100-meter relay team, or whatever potential there is for our men’s 4x100-meter relay team without Frater and Blake and Bailey-Cole? Recently, I saw idiotic comments elsewhere about the transfer to Bahrain By Andrew Fisher. This is one of our upcoming talents, hence the reason why I try not to read comments by so-called Jamaican track fans.

Also, can Kaliese Spencer take the mantle left by the GREAT Melaine Walker (the latter who, probably more than any other athlete I have ever encountered or read about, chose to personally self destruct).

And I can go on. Personally speaking, I honestly have very, very little interest right now in our confused male quarter milers (when last has any of them made the 400-meter finals in a global meet?).

Comment

Yes, I have seen the TNT and Bah lineup and they are very good, I posted something on the TNT lineup about a month ago and with the guys they have they should win. Still just seeing what Rusheen has done this season excites me, what Javon also has done this season already dropping his pb by at least .30 and wondering how much lower can he go excites me. I am not saying they must win, will win can win, I just want to see them claw and compete, if they go out and come fifth with 2:58 plus and showed good fight I am in with that, but what really excites me is the potential that they may go in there and the competition and adrenaline leads them to a 2:56 plus and that somehow they find a way.

This will be probably the most exciting champs and truthfully we have all the marbles on the line, from McLeod and parch in 110h to Spencer in 400h to wright in discus, hell I am excited at seeing Kemoy run the 5k and praught running the 3k steeple. Sorry I guess I am just plain excited, can't help it.

Comment

We can medal, but it ruff and rugged.

Donx can do miracles though and Chambo will have blood in his eyes!

Comment

Count them, four yardman under 45 in last two months, 2:56-57 low should be possible all things being good!!

Comment

Not gonna happen.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh know who yuh beginjing to sound like?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X