• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace tun up High School Sports...

...A brand some have been involved in building consistently for 100+ years
    GraceKennedy Lands Media Rights To High School Sports Events

Published:Sunday | August 2, 2015Camilo Thame

An aerial view of the National Stadium on the final day of the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys and Girls' Athletics Championships in March 2015.

GraceKennedy (GK) has secured the media rights to all Inter Secondary Schools' Sporting Association (ISSA) events for the next 15 years.

While the group of companies has been a long-time supporter of sports at the secondary level - it spends around US$1 million a year sponsoring Boys and Girls Athletics Championship (Champs) alone - the joint venture with ISSA marks the food and financial conglomerate's entry into media, through its investment arm, GK Capital.

A special purpose vehicle, Greenfield Media Productions, in which GraceKennedy has controlling interest, has been set up, and negotiations with potential media partners for several sporting events are advanced.

"We believe we can maximise the value of the media rights of school boy and girl sports in Jamaica," the conglomerate's group CEO, Don Wehby, told Sunday Business.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

15 years???? Small-minded and short-sighted ISSA, just glad fi likkle money to fatten their coffers.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nothin of the sort Jangle. Trust me on that! Mosiah...I told you to watch this space some weeks ago! 😜

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

mi trust you that a so it go but mi still a watch di space -
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah man...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            ...A brand some have been involved in building consistently for 100+ years
            GraceKennedy Lands Media Rights To High School Sports Events

Published:Sunday | August 2, 2015Camilo Thame

An aerial view of the National Stadium on the final day of the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys and Girls' Athletics Championships in March 2015.

GraceKennedy (GK) has secured the media rights to all Inter Secondary Schools' Sporting Association (ISSA) events for the next 15 years.

While the group of companies has been a long-time supporter of sports at the secondary level - it spends around US$1 million a year sponsoring Boys and Girls Athletics Championship (Champs) alone - the joint venture with ISSA marks the food and financial conglomerate's entry into media, through its investment arm, GK Capital.

A special purpose vehicle, Greenfield Media Productions, in which GraceKennedy has controlling interest, has been set up, and negotiations with potential media partners for several sporting events are advanced.

"We believe we can maximise the value of the media rights of school boy and girl sports in Jamaica," the conglomerate's group CEO, Don Wehby, told Sunday Business.
            Great move!
            Grace brings ISSA sports to the World! I can just see the paid commercials and free international advertisement. ...then there is the return on investment to be had through PPV and international cable purchase...negotiated benefits accruing by increased exposure of Grace products and businesses...plus leverage into new markets and deeper penetration in current markets...

Gwan, GK!
            Gwan, Don Wehby!

Gamma were you in on these negotiations?
            ...if so, Gwaan, Gamma! Yuh jus a move han guh tru!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              Nothin of the sort Jangle. Trust me on that! Mosiah...I told you to watch this space some weeks ago! 😜
              You did!

Not what I expected, but can't say I had any idea what to expect!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Obviously you do not recall the CONTEXT. The discussion was about ISSA whether ISSA was prepared to or could handle what champs has become...anyway

Comment

Working...
                X