Christine Day 50.15!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridgette Foster?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

saw her at a pool the other day ... ah bwoy!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah Jangle, how the hell could I forget her??????? She is almost there just a notch below This group in my estimation but a world champ none the less.

Comment

Stoni, Do Your Research!!

Racers has taken two sprint prodigies and made them world champions! Both Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake were making waves long BEFORE they joined Racers! What Racers did was vastly improve their potential, and the club gets my full respect for that!!

MVP works with unknowns and makes them world beaters!! Who knew much about Shelly-Ann Fraser and Asafa Powell before Francis took them under his wing! And by the way, Powell could – and should – have been up there with Bolt and Blake, except for his (Asafa’s) nerves!

Melaine Walker, in case you forget, smashed BOTH the Olympic Games record (2008, Beijing) AND the IAAF World Championships record (2009, Berlin) on her way to gold in the 400-meter hurdles on both occasions! Today, she is a has-been because of her ridiculous decision in 2012.

Are you prepared to ignore Melaine and her fantastic feats???

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          Perfect, that is just the point, the bottom line is no one remembers also rams it is the champions and really the multiple champions that are remembered and thus judgement is truly rendered at that level.

Thus Racers has produced two individual world champions Bolt and Blake, Blake has one championship so he is close to grade but not quite fully there.

MVP has produced two females, Fraser and Walker, both multiple championship/ Olympic champions, that is the real judgement right there.

Anything you can think of over the years you only remember the multiple champions or distinct and best vintages, from racehorses to wine and coffee.

Comment

Haha Historian, I have been following track and field way too long to put stock in prodigies, it means nothing until you actually do something at the major level. This is the very reason I was saying last year not to big up Hyde too much on track accomplishments with a sportsman of the year title. Achievements at lesser levels are fantastic but ultimately are meaningless in the real deal arena and in some ways I think it is actually a tougher job to take someone with massive expectations from junior level and make a world champion at the top level, very tough sledding and everyone is criticizing as if they know how to do it. Francis is good at the guerrilla side, picking talent, developing talent, picking minds and developing minds, running under cover, knowing the real deal of what is possible and unveiling surprises that are not surprises to him, so everyone thinks wow, amazing, that way not too much criticism and you get to do your thing under the cover of midnight.

Love the two guys ultimately but I like Mills more, seems humble and seems to be pretty straightforward.

I mentioned Walker in my first post, did you not see that?? You trying to kill me here bro!

Comment

Mmmmmm.....lucky you....or should I say unlucky you. My original fantasy mmmmmm.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Odain Richards is CW shotput champ from MVP. Similar for McPherson in the 400m W. Nesta and G. Mason are WIC bronze medallists when repping Jamaica.

KBC is also CW 100m Champ from Racers.

Comment

CW champ are you kidding. Please stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Yeah serious business, funny you don't notice something until they breakdown the door with a big win, I never thought Christine would ever get here and to run that time and fight for that win was impressive. I am now wide awake.
                      She has the speed. It was strength and fight that was (is) missing!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That time is also the fastest run by a jamaican female in the 400m this ytd.

Comment

Yes, sir!
                          I think she has low 49 change in her...but does she believe and does she have the fight?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...btw - Stephanie also has even better ability. Same problem, I think...lack of willingness to soak up the pain and just keep on motoring...

Comment

...and therein lies the rup for those that ignore the fact that in both cases the star athletes were unknown = juniors who were made whole.

Where I pick a bone with you, Stoni, is the omission of Asafa Powell from the list of dominant athletes. Powell's domination of the World while taking the World record down to 9.7 change will always be a part of the FASTEST MAN lore. He was, as has been the very best through the ages, awesome during his time at the top of 100meters male sprinters.

Comment

...and therein lies the rup for those that ignore the fact that in both cases the star athletes were unknown = juniors who were made whole.

Where I pick a bone with you, Stoni, is the omission of Asafa Powell from the list of dominant athletes. Powell's domination of the World while taking the World record down to 9.7 change will always be a part of the FASTEST MAN lore. He was, as has been the very best through the ages, awesome during his time at the top of 100meters male sprinters.

Comment

Working...
                                X