USA 4x1 2012 relay team surrenders silver medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA 4x1 2012 relay team surrenders silver medal

as a result of the Tyson gay drug scandal. The 4x1 Men Olympic result is taken away from the USA.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Cruel,now that is slashing someone's throat,downright bloody payback.

Comment

yuh beat mi to di punch. smaddy throat get cut fi true!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What took them so long?!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Trinis must be happy... elevated to silver!
          Peter R

Comment

It is such a travesty of justice that Gay is allowed to compete today. He is such a liar and a cheat. Gatlin cheated, got caught, did his time and is running today. He may be back on the stuff now, but until caught again, he got punished under the law. Gay got pardoned with a tap on his little finger.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

the travesty is that there is no justice for merlene!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gatlin should not be running either because of multiple incidents!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is really wrong and I still don't understand how IAAF agreed to that type of plea bargaining.

BTW has anyone watched the 30 for 30 documentary , 9.79* ? It is a fairly well balanced presentation of drug use in T&F during that era. I thought I already knew everything about that story but it filled in a few missing gaps for me.

ESPN 30 for 30 9.79* by Daniel Gordon

https://vimeo.com/53913923
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

he served substantial ban so I have no issue with his punishment which he has served.

gay's is little different. it seemed wholly inappropriate. what is of concern is, as willi says how we want to devour our own so much so that CAS overturned asafa, sherones' and VCB's "convictions" .....

Comment

Agreed, the colonial legacy , so much so that in throwing our own , we throw ourselves CC: Dr Wright.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                      X