X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Jamaica invitational look bigger than the world

Relays.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Snicker

Mi nah tarry roun' 'ere!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sarcastic Comment?

Originally posted by X View Post
      This Jamaica invitational look bigger than the world Relays.
      I strongly suspect you’re being sarcastic, so I won’t say much. Trust me, however, the IAAF World Relays will most likely be a lasting success because the hierarchy of the IAAF is determined that it will be.

By the way, here is an interesting guest commentary that appeared in today’s Sunday Observer newspaper:

Time to cash in on potential of Jamaica International Invitational meet
      ...There are important lessons to learn from The Bahamas
      By Dr Rachael Irving
      Sunday, May 10, 2015

The 'Bahamazing ' of the recent held IAAF World Relays at the Thomas A Robinson Stadium by that nation shows how innovation can translate a sporting event into megabucks.

In 2014, the first IAAF World Relays was held in the Bahamas. Many then questioned whether the inaugural World Relays would have survived since there are the Penn Relays, Diamond Leagues, World Challenges and a myriad of other games that compete for participation from elite athletes worldwide.

Anne Barrett, the senior director of logistics for the IAAF World Relays Bahamas 2015, mapped a plan of action that would ensure that the relays become a premium sport tourism feature and earn maximum profit and exposure for that island.

Continue reading at http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-meet_18906754

Comment

If its in the carribbean it must be centered around Jamaica.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I like her ideas.....practical
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good Point

Originally posted by X View Post
            If its in the carribbean it must be centered around Jamaica.
            Good point, and I fully agree with you on this!

However, Jamaica’s usual lack of vision and creativity caused us to miss the boat. Back when the matter of the IAAF World Relays was been intensely discussed (if my memory is correct, this was in London in 2012), Jamaica showed absolutely no interest in being a venue.

Interestingly, the Bahamas has been having negotiations with the IAAF to have the Thomas A. Robinson Stadium as a permanent home for the widely televised IAAF World Relays.

Comment

Bahamas can try all they want the Invitational meet will get bigger and the relays will continue to clash around that schedule ,the boat can always leave , our current will always pull it back , esp when wi tun it up.

The way how I see it , as champs grows, the invitational grows and Penns gets watered down,that pull will translate to the relays coming to Ja,soon.

All the lady is saying is , its time for us to present our offer to the IAAF and I have a feeling they are more than eager.

Comment

X you should think about this again. This is the type of thinking that always gets us left behind when it comes to monetizing our assets.

Yes we CAN get left behind in the business of track and field in the Caribbean, just as we have been in terms of making big money off our music and will probably also be with ganja.

Having the raw talent is NOT enough, we also need big thinkers , negotiators and big implementers. Maybe what we should be saying is how the hell the Bahamas is even in the picture given our status in the track and field world?
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This is exactly the issue, too much petty looking around and wondering where others are.

Set the goal of what you want, benchmark the best and aim to get the best. world Relay is a sideshow at best, stop worrying about foolishness. We should be shooting for a world championship or at the very least getting on the diamond league should be the real goal.

We also need to stop talking about other Caribbean and Atlantic nations, put up or shut up.

Comment

Thats a given , island,still doesnt negate our pull,our low self esteem is well known in marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      I like her ideas.....practical
                      Really?

The University of the West Indies should be able to facilitate this for same day sports visitors who would be leaving in the early morning of Sunday for home. They could have a night visit to the UWI Bowl/ Usain Bolt Track after the meet and have charter buses taking them back to NMIA in time for their early morning flights.
                      What's there to see at the UWI Bowl?!? And at night?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well there used to be action there at night as I recall...that I've heard

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          well there used to be action there at night as I recall...that I've heard
                          Yeah, action you may not live to tell anyone about. People know where UWI Bowl deh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Yeah, action you may not live to tell anyone about. People know where UWI Bowl deh?
                            LOL!! Mi Matic!!
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The Usain Bolt track! You caan read?

Ok scrap the UWI Bowl visit, but a well organized bus tour of the more interesting parts of Kingston is not a bad idea really.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X