Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Relays: A Look Beyond

By Robert Taylor, Special to Trackalerts.Com
    The 2015 IAAF World Relays was uneven in my view. Russia and Ethiopia did not send a team while Kenya sends a watered down team. To see Kenya coming last in a 4x800m race with Jamaica fielding a team finishing in front of Kenya explains it best. I am not saying the Jamaican team was not a worthy opponent, I am saying that at this point in track and field development, neither Jamaica male or female athletes are in the class of the Kenyan 800m elite runners.
    The US dominated the victory stand with some excellent performances. Their female 4x400m team was in great form with Jamaica coming a credible second. For example, Sanya Richards was reported to have run a 48.7 leg. This is unusual to see an athlete running this fast at such an early juncture of the season. The way the US team performed without Allyson Felix, I am tempted to believe this will be another year of the Jamaican female 4x400m team playing the bridesmaid role.

http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/...-beyond/13762/
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Thanks For Posting This

I just read Robert Taylor’s article, and overall it is a rather objective look at the recent IAAF World Relays.

My sole disappointment is that Mr. Taylor did not say anything about the 4x200-meter women’s relays. (He also did not mention the men’s 4x200-meter relays, but at least Trackalerts posted a photo of the winning male 4x200-meter relay team.)

The 4x800-meter relay is not ever run at the two senior global meets, but this was mentioned, so I am not sure why the writer omitted to comment on the women’s 4x200-meter relay.

Aside from this very minor observation, this is the type of article I wish I could see more of on Trackalerts’ pages.

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    By Robert Taylor, Special to Trackalerts.Com
    The 2015 IAAF World Relays was uneven in my view. Russia and Ethiopia did not send a team while Kenya sends a watered down team. To see Kenya coming last in a 4x800m race with Jamaica fielding a team finishing in front of Kenya explains it best. I am not saying the Jamaican team was not a worthy opponent, I am saying that at this point in track and field development, neither Jamaica male or female athletes are in the class of the Kenyan 800m elite runners.
    The US dominated the victory stand with some excellent performances. Their female 4x400m team was in great form with Jamaica coming a credible second. For example, Sanya Richards was reported to have run a 48.7 leg. This is unusual to see an athlete running this fast at such an early juncture of the season. The way the US team performed without Allyson Felix, I am tempted to believe this will be another year of the Jamaican female 4x400m team playing the bridesmaid role.

http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/...-beyond/13762/

Comment

He posts at CTFF and sprint zone. We talk all the time.

Comment

Working...
      X