X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yohan Blake - I want a WC 2015 Medal

Interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHvQTD91AOM
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

He has a lot if catching up to do.
    Regarding the US 4 by 100,I do not see them beating the WR,jamaica is the team slated to do that.So close yet so far.

Comment

Noice!!

He has blossomed into a good interviewee

Kiddoes!!!
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That WR

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        He has a lot if catching up to do.
        Regarding the US 4 by 100,I do not see them beating the WR,jamaica is the team slated to do that.So close yet so far.
        Rockman, I highly doubt if ANY sprint relay team will run below 36.84 seconds any time soon. I certainly have no reason at this time to envisage Jamaica even coming close to this, and I also don’t think the USA will.

I can give reasons for my opinion here, and maybe I will later tonight or else tomorrow.

Comment

a team with a fit blake, powell and bolt is more than capable of breaking the world record ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wishful Thinking?

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            a team with a fit blake, powell and bolt is more than capable of breaking the world record ...
            I highly doubt if ANY sprint relay team will run below 36.84 seconds any time soon. A time of sub-37 seconds is no joke!!! I certainly have no reason at this time to envisage Jamaica even going close to this, and I also don’t think the USA will.

Now looking at Asafa Powell: Aside from the year years 2007 (Osaka, Japan) and 2008 (Beijing, China), both of which saw Asafa Powell at his very best on the anchor leg in the 4x100-meter relays, it’s very difficult to see Asafa in late August 2015 as a major factor on our relay team.

(By the way, Asafa’s performance in the men’s 100-meter in 2004, 2007 and 2008, but particularly in 2007 when he allowed a no-name athlete to send him into third place, are best left in the past.)

I love Asafa very much, as beginning in 2003 he was the athlete who started the renaissance of men’s sprinting in Jamaica! Thanks to Asafa, today we can call names like Bolt, Blake, etc., all thanks to Asafa Powell.

But sub-37 seconds relay….?

Comment

My view on Asafa running the relay is this.

If he gets the baton behind or less than 3 yards ahead on the anchor leg, he would probably choke and cost us the relay. However if he gets it 5 yards clear we would likely get an 8.9 leg and the world record.

Historian I would have to disagree with you that sub 37.00 is out of reach if we have a healthy team. In fact I think this US team is capable of it as well. I mean they ran 37.38 in Bahamas, not too shabby with Worlds 3 months away.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I disagree with you that will choke. Asafa always does a good job on his relay legs. He does much better as part of a team than individually.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He always does a great job when he is running clear and free.

Under pressure I expect him underperform whether relay or individual event.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I agree. and disagree with the historical entity (SURPRISE!!!)

blake to bolt bolt to powell has world record potential .... marvin anderson or julian forte starting or even frater if he gets back to that kind of form

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Marvin Anderson???? He has been off the scene for a few years now. Injuries decimated his career. I did hear that he was trying to make a comeback last year.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think he may have run earlier this year in one of the early meets ... that was a throw away name btw....

Comment

bolt has been on all of the WR teams, blake on 2 and powell on one. I fail to see, if all three are healthy and the stick goes around as it should, why a WR would not be in danger...

Comment

Usain Bolt is a monster on the curve leg,it is my opinion that a fully fit Blake is even better.I think running on the straight is an exact science whilst running on the bend isn't,you can win only by so much regading the first but the latter, because of additional dynamics, is less definite.Bolt is faster than Blake but Blake may actually beat him on the bend(in any event both will likely be running the curve legs),that negates prowess running on the straight legs.When Powell came in third,was he beaten by the distance one can expect him to have upon receiving the baton in the anchor leg?I really do not expect any donkey length in the first leg;it is the slowest and subjected to having a good start out if the blocks.
                            You know far more about track and field than the average person(which includes me),so I am really looking forward to hearing your take so I may make adjustments to my opinions if needed.

Comment

Watch 'Safa in 2007 Relay!!

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              My view on Asafa running the relay is this.

If he gets the baton behind or less than 3 yards ahead on the anchor leg, he would probably choke and cost us the relay. However if he gets it 5 yards clear we would likely get an 8.9 leg and the world record.
                              Islandman, trust me, you are incorrect on this!

I strongly recommend that you watch Asafa Powell’s anchor leg performance in the final of the 4x100-meter relay at the 2007 IAAF World Championships in Osaka, Japan!! I eagerly await your comment .

Comment

Working...
                              X