Dominant performance by the US. They have won

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for the youngster to come take their places
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lol, well they came fourth.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Correction: Javon Francis came fourth.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

DWL. I can't disagree with that.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Willi yuh a di bestest to rhatid..........

"SO YOU KNOW WHEN WE USE TO HAVE TO SCROUNGE TO BOX BRONZE OUTTA HOG MOUTH."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              every final except the one they dropped the baton in and they were way ahead in that one too. Their depth is showing particularly in the longer races. Hope we can win one of the remaining races. We should finish second overall.

For Worlds, our sprint relays will be right up there as contenders for the gold but I don't think our 4x400 women can beat a full stength US team yet.
              What a thing. We have been reduced to 'contender' not 'favorite' for the men's 4 x 1 this summer. We have to apologize to Asafa and bring him back. We will have to put Bolt on a leg where can take the baton very early and hand it off very late, running close to 120m and put Asafa to anchor it.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

If we are full strength, with Bolt and Blake near their best I would consider us favorites. This US team is better than they were in 2012 though, if they get the stick around they can challenge the World Record. We may have to break it again to win.

I don't know if Asafa can still make the team if it is full strength.

Comment

Asafa is still our 3rd (behind a fit Yohan) fastest 100m runner. Bolt to Asafa will decimate any team the USA brings.

Comment

I doubt that, re Asafa being #3, but we will see at trials.

Comment

Nothing New....

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Was thinking the same thing. I was also a bit disappointed to see BAH in the B race, and not even winning.
                      The Bahamas 4x100-meter women were also in the B-Finals (consolation race) last year and placed second as well (behind Canada).

Just history repeating itself this year as the Bahamas women again placed second, this time behind Ecuador).

Comment

actually this might be a blessing in disguise ....

no such luck with the women though ... winning without SAF makes it hard to fly under the radar

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes I think so. They will all be gunning for a big victory come Worlds.

Comment

I saw Felix being chewed up on the back stretch which was surprising. Jeters will improve as her season progress but so will VCB and SAFP. It'll be nice n juicy come Worlds.

Comment

Yeah the T&T girl mash her up bad. Not sure who it was.

Comment

michelle Ayee.

felix' baton change in the 200 was horrific ... it had just about all the DONTS for a baton exchange.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X