Jamaica below par....the ladies were fortunate to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica below par....the ladies were fortunate to

get the silver in the 4x200 and the mens 4x100m really got beat on every leg except Bolt.

We will be lucky to win any gold this weekend.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Yuh bury dem ready?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

They are not ready yet, it is clear. Just the reality.

The ladies may win one of their races tomorrow, but on present form I wouldn't consider us favorite for any.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

With 100 days to go, why should they?

As a man seh, this is Gibson relys and who cares how you do if you donrt win Champs???

Penn relays and this mean little in a Big Dance year.

Comment

And that is quite fine. I am simply stating that we should not expect much in this meet as we are behind.

Comment

Willi, Think Carefully About This!

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            With 100 days to go, why should they?

As a man seh, this is Gibson relys and who cares how you do if you donrt win Champs???

Penn relays and this mean little in a Big Dance year.
            Willi, Jamaica is not the only team that is not fully ready, and we are not the only team that has 100 days to go as we prepare to get ready for Beijing!!

The USA has almost ALWAYS emerged the winner when the 4x100-meter and 4x400-meter women clash!! This is an undisputed fact! (I am not talking about regional events like the 1999 Pan-Am Games, when Peta-Gaye Dowdie anchored Jamaica to gold in the 4x100-meter relay. I am referring below to global senior meets.)

For example, aside from the 2013 IAAF World Championships (Moscow) when the baton change between Alex Anderson and English Gardiner went horribly wrong, when has Jamaica’s 4x100-meter women defeated the USA in a race to the finish line?

At the 1991 Tokyo IAAF World Championships when Merlene Ottey anchored us to the 4x100-meter gold, the USA was not in that final! At the 2004 Athens Olympic Games when Veronica Campbell anchored us to gold, the USA did not finish the race after Marion Jones and Lauryn Williams messed up the baton exchange, with Lauryn running out of the zone and then stopping.

At the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin, Kerron Stewart anchored Jamaica to a win in a final that did NOT include the USA. The USA athletes Alex Anderson and Muna Lee had collided in the semi-finals, with Muna falling and being taken off on a stretcher.

As far as the 4x400-meter relays are concerned, the only time Jamaica defeated the USA in a global meet was at the 2001 IAAF World Championships in Edmonton, Canada, and this was because the USA anchor woman, Suziann Reid, fumbled and then dropped the baton.

Just the facts, my friend.

Comment

The USA has really messed up in a lot of relay exchanges in the last 10-15 years. We are no perfectionists either but they have a far worse record.

Comment

Who won in Athens?

Comment

Who Won in Athens?

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  Who won in Athens?
                  Who won in Athens?? Please read my post again, more carefully this time, with specific emphasis on the fourth paragraph!

Comment

Working...
                  X