RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVP pulls out of world relays,Penn's was more Important.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP pulls out of world relays,Penn's was more Important.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...s-world-relays
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I can't access the gleaner article. Did they actually give a reason? The Calendar looks tight, there are 3 weekends in a row, 4 if you are a professional....http://www.trackandfieldja.com/frontpage.php

http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/...es=og.comments
    Last edited by Time; April 30, 2015, 07:08 AM.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Maybe that is why. I can see that given it's history and longevity that Penn's would be considered more prominent. Isn't Shelly Ann taking part though and is t she MVP? Some/most MVP athletes perhaps but not MVP as a whole

Ef a suh, a suh.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        Maybe that is why. I can see that given it's history and longevity that Penn's would be considered more prominent. Isn't Shelly Ann taking part though and is t she MVP? Some/most MVP athletes perhaps but not MVP as a whole

Ef a suh, a suh.
        Bruce James explanation makes perfect sense.
        http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-team_18844246
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I can understand his point. Why compete in the Penn Relays & the World Relays is around the corner. Athletes need time to recover.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The Importance of Priority

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            I can understand his point. Why compete in the Penn Relays & the World Relays is around the corner. Athletes need time to recover.
            Certainly MVP must have realized that the global IAAF World Relays, with its big monetary payouts and worldwide audience, is far more important than the Penn Relays!

Comment

Yes, what's really going on? Another squabble with the JAAA?
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

"waited for it, waited for it ..."

I am sure they did, and then made the decision.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Penn Relay dates and World Relay dates were set long ago. So somebody should have realized that they were back-to-back weekend events. If this is the line of argument, then the athletes who were competing @ Penns should not have had their names tossed into the mix of those going to the World Relays.
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

The real question is how were the athletes selected. The list came out very late.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

actually, locally there has been more of a buzz about Penn than the world relays, which seems to have snuck up on us. granted a large part of the buzz was about O'Hara, the "will he run or won't he run" issue ...

USA are definitely favourites now!

Comment

I've been saying this from last that we don't regard the WR highly. I think if it were to be moved down to later in the year, like after the Grand Prix season, to about September or early October, then it would get more support.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

we don't.

Comment

Kmt! Is Bruce James saying that running a 100m leg, no heats, or even a 400m leg requires more than a week's rest?

Please!

Dem think everybody a eediat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              Certainly MVP must have realized that the global IAAF World Relays, with its big monetary payouts and worldwide audience, is far more important than the Penn Relays!

2 of the 9 were not MVP athletes, plus I looks like Shelly Ann going, why pick on MVP?

Comment

Working...
                              X