Bolt says Tyson Gay should have been kicked out of the spor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt says Tyson Gay should have been kicked out of the spor

Usain Bolt says Tyson Gay should have been given a longer ban for drugs cheating, and branded the decision to shorten his punishment 'the stupidest thing I've ever heard'.
    Gay had his suspension reduced after he agreed to co-operate with authorities, and is now set to compete against Bolt after returning to the sport.
    But Bolt said he felt 'let down' by the American sprinter, and is not looking forward to competing against a man he used to respect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...#ixzz3YBRkuC5Y
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Usain Bolt says Tyson Gay should have been given a longer ban for drugs cheating, and branded the decision to shorten his punishment 'the stupidest thing I've ever heard'.
    Gay had his suspension reduced after he agreed to co-operate with authorities, and is now set to compete against Bolt after returning to the sport.
    But Bolt said he felt 'let down' by the American sprinter, and is not looking forward to competing against a man he used to respect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...#ixzz3YBRkuC5Y
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    WHOA!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Didn't see where Bolt said Gay should have been kicked out of the sport. The headline is misleading and inflammatory....or flawed since it didn't substantiate the claim

I did like this piece from Usain tho:

'Then to find out that he was on drugs — it's a bit like I think parents must feel when they have a kid who does something bad and lets them down. I feel like he let me down and he let the sport down.'
      Tyson The Kid to Faada Bolt.....Noice!!
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I choose inflammatory because he did not say that. He said the "message" that the authorities should be sending is that if you cheat you will be kicked out. The headline is targeted towards people who are too lazy to read the article but like to share and make comments on social media.

Quite frankly I agree with everything Bolt says here. I don't know when plea bargaining became a part of track and field.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The British media notoriously use inflammatory headlines to grab readers.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nike soon chune een pan him to wait. One rule fi merican an nex rule fi di res ah di worl, conqueror run tings ebry time.

Comment

Wat di Bolt seh pan our Asafa, Sherone, VCB, Shelly Ann, etc? ...han den mi neva ear wah im she bout Gatlin????
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Steroids Karl.....plus it was boldly labeled on the ointment that Gay was using. It's not the same thing.

Comment

You have to read the article Karl, forget the headline.

Bolt is saying that reducing Gays sentence which should have been significant, because he ratted out his coach is fooloshness and I agree with him.

He wasn't saying everybody in track and field should be banned for life.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    You have to read the article Karl, forget the headline.

Bolt is saying that reducing Gays sentence which should have been significant, because he ratted out his coach is fooloshness and I agree with him.

He wasn't saying everybody in track and field should be banned for life.
                    Granted...but I did not read into it that the reduction of the sentence was the main point. ...I thought it was the act of allowing the athlete back (or back after such light punishment was the issue). If I am correct, where were (are - I may have missed them) his comments on athletes nearing 'home'/to whom he is emotionally attached - JA reps: pre-Mullings, etc?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Asafa, Sherone, VCB, Shelly Ann were all exonerated, so their cases were no way in comparison to Tyson Gay or Gatlin. Tyson Gay failed multiple drug tests and was still allowed to compete. Then to rub salt into the wound, he got a tap on the wrist with a ridiculous reduced punishment for his crimes.

Comment

"Granted...but I did not read into it that the reduction of the sentence was the main point. ...I thought it was the act of allowing the athlete back (or back after such light punishment was the issue"

karl the subtlety of the distinction between those 2 points escapes me in this instance. enlighten mi nuh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          "Granted...but I did not read into it that the reduction of the sentence was the main point. ...I thought it was the act of allowing the athlete back (or back after such light punishment) was the issue"

karl the subtlety of the distinction between those 2 points escapes me in this instance. enlighten mi nuh?
                          Well if that was not a point of distinction in light of some of our athletes /his teammates equally light punishment, then????

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            Asafa, Sherone, VCB, Shelly Ann were all exonerated, so their cases were no way in comparison to Tyson Gay or Gatlin. Tyson Gay failed multiple drug tests and was still allowed to compete. Then to rub salt into the wound, he got a tap on the wrist with a ridiculous reduced punishment for his crimes.

Where they now?

Comment

You know whT EXONERATION means?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X