Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Hara 20.62 nice and easy! WJG in Eugene

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=httDLlynoDA

Yeah di yout nevah look troubled running him new personal best, but him jus need fi wake up outah dem blocks deh.

Comment

Re: Michael O'Hara

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      O’Hara seems the favorite for gold in the 200-meter final today. I’m anxiously awaiting that final. As myYout correctly suggested above, he just needs to improve his start.

Really nice run by Tyler Mason as well for the silver medal in the 110-meter hurdles. I notice that this sprint hurdles result mirrored that of Carifta 2014 in the case of the top two finishers, where the Guadeloupe youth Wilhem Belocian had also won the gold.

As usual, our 400-meter males are a disappointment. Big disappointment!

Comment

if it as usual...why the disappointment?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

While you're here, let me be on record rubbishing your prediction that the beginning of the end of our sprinting dominance is nigh.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Simply Because....

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            if it as usual...why the disappointment?
            Quite simply because:

This is the event in which Jamaica first made its impact on the global scene (in the 1948 and 1952 Olympic Games)!!

This is the event in which we won our first IAAF World Championships gold medal (Helsinki 1983)!!

This is the event (the team version of the 400-meter; that is, the 4x400 relay) in which Jamaica (Greg Haughton, Michael McDonald, Roxbert Martin, Davian Clarke, Danny McFarlane, etc.) was most consistently impressive in the 1990s!!

Today, breaking 45 seconds has seemingly become impossible for our males (save for Javon Francis)! Not only are we failing to get senior men into global 400-meter finals, but we are also not getting our boys there!!

And you ask why I am disappointed???

Anyway, I do not want to detract from Stoni’s IAAF World Junior Championships results thread.

Comment

yes but if you see no signs of improvement how can you be then disappointed in the result? were you expecting a miracle?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well....

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                While you're here, let me be on record rubbishing your prediction that the beginning of the end of our sprinting dominance is nigh.
                I’ll say this: You most likely would win any such bet, boss!

Although I had made that wild prediction yesterday, I suspect that history will prove me very wrong in this case. The fact is that despite our bungling administrators, we have been producing world-class sprinters since the first half of this century and I don’t think that is about to end soon.

Our talented young women and young men are on a high from our achievements in the sprints, hurdles and relays, and this will no doubt ensure that this success will continue for a long time.

Comment

Not sure if he is the fave, he ran his fastest time in sims and three others had faster times than him. Realistically I just want to see him compete and at least medal.

Comment

What happened between "yesterday" and this post? You had a rush of blood? Hope you're okay boss!
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X