Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bekele beats Farah in sprint finish!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=TLW_...DTLW_ZBi80mEcU

Hmmm...you'd think Farah's snow pedigree would have helped him to conquer this Ethiopian! I guess Bekele has been living in more northern climes himself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't forget that in the countries with the best distance runners on the African continent not only does it snow but in some places there is almost year round snow, in Kenya and less so in Ethiopia.

Comment

I doubt very much these runners would be training on the peaks of Mt Kenya and Kilimanjaro!

Are we about to throw in a cold factor into the mix as well, Stonigut?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

was surprised to know that lesotho has a very exclusive and expensive ski resort business.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Are you an advocate of Stonigut's snow theory?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what is the snow theory?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gasp! You don't know?!

Stonigut believes that players raised in environments where they have to defend themselves against racism and prejudice, and also battle through sleet, snow and ice to get to training and at training are best able to handle the rigours of a World Cup campaign. He believes our local NPL players don't have the resiliency thus acquired to be effective at the World Cup level.

I rubbished this theory from the very beginning because I believe that no amount of blizzard, burning crosses and bombs can compare with the everyday struggles our local players have to endure. From poverty to Portia, from bullets to Bruce, from starvation to Shaw...there is really no comparison. I see where many of our players come from, what they have to deal with on a daily basis, not just during winter months or when they come across some ignorant bigot. For them to go to school or training dressed like smaddy pickney, on our public transportation, with no lunch sometimes and then run laps and all the other things to play football...

The desire to achieve and to pull themselves out of their wretched conditions is what keeps them going. I have seen it first-hand and nobody must badmind them for what they now have.

Okay! That's it in a nutshell, Gamma! Quiz to follow!
                Last edited by Mosiah; September 17, 2013, 11:49 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

oh ...

Comment

Ah-ho!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ahhh, good try but you miss the fundamental point, is not a competition, yard is the bsc, the best yard guh farin and if them succeed through another level of trial and tribulation then them get them masters like Lovell Palmer struggling on the masters but him hanging in, man like Gardner and fuller get them phd.

Yard is where you learn survival, farin is where you learn to thrive and become a professional footballer, Jamaican ball scene just not disciplined enough to produce competent, disciplined ballers on a consistent basis, one or two at best. You really see the high level of indiscipline and lack of readiness when the strictly or mostly local aggregation have to play a tournament at the senior level or club senior level, tactical discipline is naught.

Comment

Any room for talented ballas with a bsc?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Absolutely Mr. Powell graduated with 1st class honours and started the masters at Portland state. The key is to Id the brightest and hardest working players.

Comment

I think some of them with master's degrees received them from unaccredited institutions. Some people believe if you have a degree, especially a farin one, yuh have sense. I'm saying that's a myth!

Those players with their wishy-washy certifications proved their inadequacies in this campaign. Sometimes you have to draw for the undergraduates when you can't find suitable candidates.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Those players with their wishy-washy certifications proved their inadequacies in this campaign. .
                              Not joining the debate...but that quote above would be seen by some as fiddling with the truth by omission of the fact that those players never were prepared as TEAM but thrown together at the last minute.

I dare say if the squad - (It has never been a TEAM) - was all local NPL players thrown together in like manner for this World Cup campaign the results would be as that of those thrown together for our last Caribbean Cup. As my late son was wont to say - Yuh kno how dat guh!!!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X