Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Up With Our 400m Runners

dem always wutliss...

I hear Jermaine Gonzales pulled his hamstring watching the semis while ago...a true?

Comment

LOL
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Wikid man! Hahahaha

Comment

True, But....

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          dem always wutliss...
          Martin Manley and Jevon Francis are two that give us hope for the future –- that is, if they are not worked to death at Champs! On the women’s side, Stephenie McPherson (funny way to spell her first name) in particular gives us hope as well.

But I’ve always remarked on the irony that what started out as our greatest strength back in 1948 and 1952 -- the 400-meter for men --is now our embarrassment.

Also, I’m still disappointed in that disqualification given to Kaliese Spencer. In the absence of Melaine Walker and an “MVP-less” Ristananna, Kaliese was our only hope for the 400-meter hurdles.

Let me say this though: I’m still on a high from Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce’s commanding performance yesterday!! Is she one of the greats? Most definitely!! And she is on her way to becoming the greatest female sprinter of all times. She will put the icing on the cake very soon with a 10.60s run.

Stay tuned!

Comment

so the blessing fall way short! shi kirani james the final!!!

personally i think for a first time out she had too much on her plate 100, LJ and 200. the worlds and olympics demand a different set a energy and it has to be more sustained because of the intensidty of the championships and the fact that the best of the best is there not like a golden or diamond league where people can pick choose and refuse...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed !! She has to make a choice at the championships, of either the 100m or the LJ,as doing both takes too much out of her. Was disappointing, but understandable why she ran down the track.
              Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Well she and Asafa have the same manager and he likes to defy the coaches. John Smith wanted no part of the long jump for her...

Comment

Boss, did you read what I posted re Kirani?
                  "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Yes, but how you relate that to Blessing?

Comment

If you are talking about the recent 10.79 women's 100m sprinter who came 6th with over a 11 secs, I would offer on or a combination of the following: 1) Asafa syndrome, 2) Stage fright/duppy frighten her, 3) Come too quick (LOL)/peaked for the wrong competition. As with Asafa, running through rounds is probably her Achilles. That's why Bolt is so good. he has the confidence to ignore everyone else and just make it through rounds comfortable. There is that old 80's pop tune "Pressure." It says: "You have to learn to pace yourself, pressure, ......" Google it.

Comment

No man, the LJ killed her chance at a certain medal...possibly silver.

that paul Doyle yuh si!

Comment

Willi, based on the 200m race, I am sure I know why the other performance was lackluster. Quite simply, she was intimidated by the pocket rocket.

Comment

LJ is not easy something. She was a bawl from that hard competition.

Now she have Shelly and Felix to worry about...

Comment

and ahoure too ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X