Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson...9.75...1.1W

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2c0V_2Q3g

Tyson sey him serious this year, put pressure on Bolt early in the race and see if they can hold him.

Comment

I hope his fitness holds up, it would be good to see him at his best at Worlds.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Heh heh! Hope him can keep it, his bones, alltogether for the worlds!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I share your hope

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          I hope his fitness holds up, it would be good to see him at his best at Worlds.
          I still remember the fantastic Tyson Gay who won both the 100-meter and 200-meter races at the 2007 IAAF World Championships in Osaka, Japan!

That was a huge growth for this humble, truly likable guy after his fourth-place finish in that famous USA 1-2-3-4 domination of the 200-meter race two years before. That memorable race, as you might recall, took place at the 2005 IAAF World Championships in Helsinki.

By the way, my most disappointing Asafa Powell moment was definitely that 100-meter final at the 2007 IAAF World Championships in Osaka. While Tyson’s gold medal was understandable, I cannot for the life of me understand how Asafa allowed Derrick Atkins to nip him for the silve medal. To this day I remain angry at Asafa for that race!

Comment

Asafas poor performance in major meets should be a case study for someone in the field of sports psychology.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Asafas poor performance in major meets should be a case study for someone in the field of sports psychology.
              Again I agree with you, I’man.

In addition, I will always look back at the 2003 IAAF World Championships (Paris) with much regret. That was when, in my opinion, Asafa Powell should/ would have won his individual global gold medal. You will no doubt recall that both he and the USA’s Jon Drummond were disqualified for false starting during the quarter-final.

The result of that 100-meter final, which Kim Collins won in the slowest 100-meter time in the history of the IAAF World Championships, will forever have me convinced that if not for that false start, Asafa would have made it through and won the gold medal.

Really, really sad.

Comment

I doubt he would have. He just doesn't have it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well that was very early in his career and winning there might have changed a lot regarding his mental issues.

Comment

or would have reinforced it losing to Collins!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X