X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to panic, says Windies coach

No need to panic, says Windies coach

Saturday, February 02, 2013 | 3:29 PM

PERTH, Australia (CMC) – West Indies coach Ottis Gibson says there is no need to press the panic button despite watching his side get routed by Australia for their third lowest total in One-Day Internationals on Friday.

Opting to bat first at the WACA Ground, the Windies were rolled over for 70 in seamer-friendly conditions with only three batsmen making it into double figures but none making it to 20.

The game ended in just over three hours with a nine-wicket defeat for the Caribbean side.

“It is not a situation where you will make wholesale changes, it’s only the first match in a five-match series so we’ve lost the first contest and there are four more to go and we’re obviously eagerly looking forward to the next four,” Gibson told a media conference on Saturday.

“I don’t expect there to be too many changes. The guys that were picked in the first game are the guys that we thought could do the job. We got knocked over [but] you have to back the guys you have in your squad."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2JnNUtO8r
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I do not about any other person...but for years I have

been beyond "need to panic"! I just turn cartwheels (tun puppa-lick) whenever we put in a decent performance!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It's now up to the bowlers... 185/8 and another ...ra s s .. two sixin a row for Narine.. bumba... three!!! so i8 less than I was going to write...
      Peter R

Comment

four six in a row!! Narine!!!
        Peter R

Comment

Nice while it lasted... Narine never use him head there... stumped!
          Peter R

Comment

Right, we've become accustomed to it.

Comment

how about now? can we panic now?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X