No comment:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No comment:

Caroline Wozniacki wore towels under her clothes to perform an impression of Serena Williams during a match in Brazil.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

If you can't beat them. Disrespect them.

Comment

No, I don't think there is any disrespect. Tennis players imitate others all the while.

And the tennis racket is imitating which male tennis player?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hehehe
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          No, I don't think there is any disrespect. Tennis players imitate others all the while.

And the tennis racket is imitating which male tennis player?
          Well maybe imitating ...Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Anyway....

Carol Thatcher 'golliwog' jibe referred to black tennis player Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Carol Thatcher was dropped by the BBC for making a 'golliwog' remark about French tennis player Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, according to insiders at The One Show.

Image 1 of 2
          Baroness Thatcher and her daughter Carol in the Royal Box at The Lawn Tennis Championships at Wimbledon, London. Photo: PA

Image 1 of 2
          Golliwog row: Jo Wilfried Tsonga shot to international attention last year when, as an unseeded player, he reached the Australian Open final, beating Andy Murray Photo: AP
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

People can still be so bigoted and careless!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

careless??? she should at least know better , after she don' name Suarez ...stupid if you ask me!

responding to mo' ..
              Peter R

Comment

ok!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lol
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

And I am assuming the tennis racquet is imitating a male player.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Serena responds:

Serena Williams Impression: Athlete Responds To Caroline Wozniacki's Impersonation Of Her
                      Posted: 12/22/2012 11:17 am EST | Updated: 12/22/2012 11:17 am EST

Several weeks ago, Caroline Wozniacki's Serena Williams impersonation set off a firestorm of criticism. While some called the Danish athlete's imitation "hilarious", others didn't find the stunt so entertaining.

As the target of the prank, Serena Williams remained silent on the matter for quite some time. But the tennis player recently spoke out in response to the controversy. In an email to USA Today, she said she saw no ill-will in Wozniacki's impersonation.

"I know Caro and I would call her my friend," she wrote. "And I don't think she (meant) anything racist by it."

Williams admitted that she hadn't seen the viral video of Wozniacki, but said she didn't understand why others felt that particular incident was racist as opposed to other impressions of her in the past.

However, she added that Wozniacki may want to reconsider repeating the stunt if others took offense.

"I must add," she wrote. "If people feel this way, she should take reason and do something different next time," ending the sentence with a smiley face.

Black women's bodies, in the game of tennis, have been a topic of controversy and discussion before. Just this year, Taylor Townsend, the top-ranking junior tennis player in the world, was under the microscope for her shape and size, after the USTA tried to deny her access to a tournament because of her weight.

Williams has admittedly referred to herself as "bootylicious", a body classification that many women of color embrace. In the email, she said she doesn't pay much attention to negative commentary.

At the end of the day, I spend my time focused on things to become better and not bring me down," she wrote.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I can't understand why she would not take offense to that despite she would consider her a friend.Such actions would only elicit ridicule.
                        Missed opportunity to address a problem plaguing the tennis industry.

Comment

Tennis players imitate each other all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6EBBJJ1ZP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bimn1a6B0gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzEUUgwpSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUvYar4d2IM

It is not a big deal whatsoever. Serena knows this and handled it the right way.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Now I understand.

Comment

Ahh!

Today's players can be so boring, it is felt, that this gives them some character and another side for the fans to love.

I'm surprised he writer didn't mention this fact, that it is done all the while. Most of the time it is the style of play that is imitated and not body parts, but clearly, the quickest way to imitate someone like Serena is by doing what Caroline, Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic did. Serena's game otherwise is pretty standard without any eccentric idiosyncrasies.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X