• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great loss...

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...rainer-dies-68
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

True. That's a true legend.
    I always wonder if Mike MCCallum would have eventually got a really big payday if he had stayed at the Kronk gym. True he would never have been the man with Tommy Hearns around, but....who knows.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

RIP!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Body Snatcher wouldah tek Hearns fi Dinner das why dem nevah want dem meet. Neigdah sugar Ray or Hagler. All ah dem did fraid ah di Snatcher, bad bad boxer dat.

Comment

Dream Fight: Thomas Hearns vs. Mike McCallum
          Posted by admin on Aug 6, 2009 in Dream Fights |

By Greg “Stats” Gorecky.

This fight came about after intense negotiations. These two fighters were once stablemates at the famed Kronk Gym in Detroit Michigan. After getting very little recognition McCallum asked Emanuel Steward if he could fight Thomas Hearns, and Steward said, “Absolutely not.” So having no other alternative, as he was getting very little push at Kronk, McCallum decided to leave.

http://theboxingmagazine.com/2009/08...mike-mccallum/
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
            Body Snatcher wouldah tek Hearns fi Dinner das why dem nevah want dem meet. Neigdah sugar Ray or Hagler. All ah dem did fraid ah di Snatcher, bad bad boxer dat.
            I see you are a fan of the sweet science Yout.

What you said is fact.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Great trainer!! RIP

Comment

Yes sah, introduced to it by di ole man from ah tendah age.

Comment

yeah man, Manny stand tall, very tall.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X