Out of Many, One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"all concept of hard work they left behind with Slavery"

den again.. is not everybaddy can be like chiney...

Comment

'Why we ant diss black people so?' Seems to be in the genes of some round here.

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
        "all concept of hard work they left behind with Slavery"

den again.. is not everybaddy can be like chiney...

If correct an inaccurate and moronic statement by LKY.

Comment

This while much of the 'true Jamaican' with access to similar resources
          is not dissing black people soh.

I am a rural Jamaican. Went to primary and secondary schools in Kingston and St. Andrew. I did not and still do not like it! When i first went came up to 'town', it was non-stop 'country bwoy comes to town' jokes etc.

High school was a little better. School was a force locally in tennis, swimming and cricket - mainly uptown sports. Athletics was both up and down. Football was mainly downtown.

One youth from downtown displayed talent for tennis and was encouraged to play tennis as his main sport but he chose football because it was a downtown sport and he was from downtown.

The above last paragraph is the problem here in this thread.

Me - if there was mango stoning competition i would be up there in the medal contention.

Comment

He doesn't look like 90% of Jamaicans...I will give him 10% congratulations

Comment

Have a relative whose parents through hard work and good planning could have paid his college tuition.

However, he worked hard toward a full sport scholarship and kept the 3 point plenty average thought the four years as a representative at this state university.

Full congrats to him and his parents.

Comment

Before I reply...does he look like 90% of Jamaicans?

Comment

50.5%

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                    'Why we ant diss black people so?' Seems to be in the genes of some round here.
                    yuhzimi.... mi sight up di genetic connexion tuh

dem know demselves
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

don't follow Brickie... the sarcasm is thick...
                      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        I can't understand why Brickie doesn't accept young Bicknell as a true Jamaican. Very daft of Brickie!

Don't get it twisted, world fan. To be a top tennis player you have to have some serious resources. Maybe the true Jamaican with similar resources don't want to play tennis. But I remember the days of Peter Campbell, Noel Rutherford and the rest of them. They were beating world-ranked players with no resources! And these were simple ball boys at one time, true Jamaicans.

Why wi want to diss black people suh? Not all of dem...not all o' wi lazy and shiftless!
                        How does one qualify as a "true Jamaican" AND, what disqualifies one as such? .. in the context of your post above.
                        Peter R

Comment

just a point... I disagree with the characterization of cricket as uptown... I went to a primary school in the country and is ther I first see coconut bough cricket bat... if you are over 80 it could be true I suppose
                          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Why wi want to diss black people suh? Not all of dem...not all o' wi lazy and shiftless!
                            "We"?...you need to take a trip to the motherland sometime...you would be referred to as "pig" as your complexion is not that of 90% of Africans...tell me how that work out fi yuh

Comment

Please Peter R. If you don't understand my Out of Many spiel by now then yuh not going to understand it. I see you as a very bright individual so please don't mek Historian or Brickie lead you astray.

And I hope you appreciate the sarcasm in the post above.

In summary, Jamaicans are Jamaicans, all o' wi, black, white, in between, Indian, Chinese, Arab, Jew, and the rest of them, even di bleach-out one dem!

But note that I said "black" first. It seems to me that a lot of people are embarrassed by the fact that the large majority of Jamaicans are black people. Does that disqualify anyone else? Does that make anyone else less important?

And if you say, why do we need to even acknowledge that the large majority is black? Well, we really shouldn't have to acknowledge that fact, and that is why I wonder why we have to be embarrassed about it in the first place!

Peter R, mi done wid dis now. Mi really nuh care who want to misunderstand mi. It is not di first time, and it won't be the last!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have been to the motherland on many occasions and lived there for a few. It would surprise you to know that Africans, and I am talking about sub-Saharan Africans, are not all black.

In fact, when I went to South Africa in 2010, many people thought I was South African. And I met a young lady there with very light skin and straight hair who was not bleaching. She said she was 100% Zulu! She had that African behind to prove it!

And don't believe West Africa doesn't have light-skinned black people too. Miss Hopkins, my teacher at St. Francis Primary School, was what some of us would describe as red. Yes, she may be the result of some miscegenation somewhere, but as far I remember, she was not seen as any less of a Sierra Leonian than anyone else.

So, please do not lecture me about my motherland. Even you could pass for Nigerian, Brickie! More because of yuh scamming talent dan anyting else, of course!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X