RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanya Richards-Ross Is Getting Her Own Reality Show!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanya Richards-Ross Is Getting Her Own Reality Show!!

EXCLUSIVE: Sanya Richards-Ross, who just won an Olympic gold medal in the women’s 400-meter race on Sunday, is heading to television. WE tv has picked up a pilot for a reality series starring Richards-Ross, who also earned 2 gold relay medals in 2004 and 2008 as well as an individual bronze in the Beijing Olympics.

The TV pilot stems from a development deal WE had with unscripted production company Good Clean Fun (Tia & Tamera). It was shot in Austin before Richards-Ross left for London and offers an insider’s look at her rigorous training regime as well as her personal life. Richards-Ross is married to two-time Super Bowl champion Aaron Ross who just signed a 3-year $15 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The reality series reveals the often intense rivalry between the hyper competitive couple. (Ross was in the stands on Sunday cheering on his wife with her parents when she won the Olympic gold.) The TV project also provides a behind-the-scenes look at Richard-Ross’ inner circle that includes her mother Sharon acting as her agent, her father Archie working as her manager and her sister Shari as her business partner. Sanya and Aaron are not strangers to WE tv — their nuptials were featured on the channel’s show Platinum Weddings.
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/we-p...richards-ross/

Must see TV! Her father is a dread and mi nuh so sure her mada is Jamaican.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

both parents are Jamaicans.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm Happy for Sanya!

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
        ‘Sass is correct: BOTH of Sanya’s parents are Jamaican. Her father, Archie, is NOT the parent who was inclined for Sanya to accept the USA’s offer.

As a diehard Sanya Richards supporter, I’m happy that she will be having her own reality show, and I wish her huge success with this venture into television. The fact is that Sanya is a hugely talented quarter-miler and someone who, despite the barbs often thrown her way by myopic, misguided Jamaicans, has never forgotten her Jamaican roots or Vaz Prep in Kingston.

Comment

sick of reality shows!!!! in the first placeloosely scripted but the inundation of them on tv ... everywhere you turn ....

i suppose it's woth money and that is waht the audiences want BUT they are nauseating to me now!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post

Momma played netball with the Air Jamaica team. Momma from Manchester (I think).
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

I never watch them..kardassian ah alien pon star trek!

Comment

Totally!

Comment

Re: sick of reality shows!!!!

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  sick of reality shows!!!! in the first placeloosely scripted but the inundation of them on tv ... everywhere you turn ....

i suppose it's woth money and that is waht the audiences want BUT they are nauseating to me now!
                  Gamma, like you, I too am totally sick and tired of reality shows!! And it seems like just about every channel (with literally just a few exceptions) is focusing on those damn ubiquitous reality shows nowadays!

My response above, however, was not concerned in any way whatsoever with the preponderance of reality shows, otherwise I would have said nothing but negative things. Rather, I was expressing my pleasure and support for the fact that one of my favorite athletes, Sanya Richards, appears to be getting a role in a new endeavor that I hope will be successful for her.

Comment

"Happy" I just cannot understand what could possess her to do this, I guess she must want more fame, more money. I cannot think of one reality show where anyone comes out looking better that when they went in. It is the worst form of human example, catering to the absolute lowest common denominator, no! I take that back, I saw the movie Bridesmaids and it gets no worse than that in getting a laugh from the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Well I wish her all the Best and hope she gets what she wants from this.

Comment

I don't think that is true for all reality shows. I'm not a big fan of them myself but they are not all in the mold of Flava Flav and Bobby Brown.

Two examples I could give are the one with "Run" Simmonds and his family, and the one with Tia and Tamera. Both show the celebrities and their families in a positive light and the Simmonds family has really done well with theirs. It is almost like the Cosby show meets reality TV. Sanyas show will probably be more similar to those than to the Kardashians.

I am not sure why people love reality shows so much, but from what I see people say and share about themselves on Facebook it would seem as if many people dream of having their own personal reality show.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

you know how many people want be stars and want "de pon TV".

I lot of these reality stars end up getting gigs after, just look at how many people on American Idol, etc end up getting parts in other soaps, roles, and small gigs.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hope he has a prenup...cause the marriage is officially over after this thing airs...

Comment

Working...
                          X