Serena gets testy over Crip Walk question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serena gets testy over Crip Walk question

Tennis star Serena Williams got a little testy with a reporter before the start of the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York.

She was dogged by questions over her dance at the London Olympics that some say was gang-related.

The so-called Crip Walk is a hip-hop dance made famous by Crip gang members in Compton, Calif., in the 1970s.

Watch how she answers a reporter’s question about the dance:

“First of all, it was just a dance,” she said. “I didn’t know that’s what it was called. Second, why are you asking me that? Like that’s so … I mean, if anything you should be trying to ask me questions to lift me up, not bring up such things. I’m done with that question.”

Really? Do reporters have an obligation to ask questions to “lift up” athletes? Hardly.

Meantime, here’s video of Wiilliams dancing after she beat Maria Sharapova to win the gold medal at the Olympics.

She said she wasn’t aware of the criticism that followed her celebration.

“I read zero press,” Williams said. “That has been my policy since I was 17. I don’t know what was made too much of or whether it was too little. I think winning the Olympics was awesome for me and for the USA.”

Williams is seeded No. 4 at the U.S. Open. She’s won the tournament three times.

more @ http://www.yardbarker.com/tennis/art...dance/11548798

yes, yankee reporters do have an obligation because after the Williams sisters gone, US tennis aggo suck salt outta wooden spoon!

Comment

read the comments

Comment

Working...
      X