I Will Not Do Surgery On My Groin, Says Asafa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Will Not Do Surgery On My Groin, Says Asafa

Former 100-metre world record holder Asafa Powell says he is not keen about doing surgery to correct a nagging groin injury.

Powell was considering surgery after he strained the muscle when he injured his groin in the 100 metres at the London 2012 Olympics.

But speaking today on LIME TV Powell said he has decided against doing an operation.

The groin problem caused Powell to pull up during the men's 100-metre in London, which saw seven of the eight men going under 10 seconds for the first time in Olympic history.

He finished last in the race as fellow Jamaicans Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake took gold and silver.

Powell was seeking his first individual medal at the Olympics after anchoring the men's 4 by 100-metre team to gold and a World Record four years ago in Beijing, China.

Powell’s problems with the groin injury are well-known and he reportedly flew to the United States the morning before the semi-finals and final of the men's 100-metre at the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Trials in June after the first rounds.

Today Powell also revealed that before the Jamaican Olympic trials in 2008, he did an operation on his shoulder.

sports@gleaenrjm.com

Have to be careul of the scalpel in that area..one slip and it's 'lights out' - metaphorically speaking of course.

Comment

The alternative treatment for Asafa's condition is the diamond league.
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

"I will not do surgery on my groin" - Asafa Powell.

Has he ever thought about having a doctor perform the operation?

Comment

Good...so this means we don't want to hear about it anymore...

Comment

Lol...good one Bruce...

Comment

That's really foolish of Asafa. Groin injuries can be cured with today's surgery procedures. Gone are the days when an athlete would carry around a groin injury for years. Somebody should really talk to this man.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

tyson did the surgery and missed half of this and thelast season ...i guess him nuh want that

Comment

well, is not me or you going under the knife and some people just have a hang-up about that and in the determination of what to do with his body, he has that supreme right ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He is maybe thinking of retirement in a year or two.

I heard his mom is pastor and you know how some a the church people them are about surgery ec.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[ Powell also revealed that before the Jamaican Olympic trials in 2008, he did an operation on his shoulder. ]

Comment

so?

you never hear bout "God will heal it for you" etc?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jangle me nuh think you can reasonably come to that conclusion without knowing the mans personal situation and plans.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            He is maybe thinking of retirement in a year or two.

I heard his mom is pastor and you know how some a the church people them are about surgery ec.
                            but he did the shoulder surgery in 2008....

maybe him need to go try Milk RIVER BATH...
                            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

maybe that is exactly why not

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X