Blake is basically ahead of Bolt's pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    I don't know if I agree that execution is all that separates them but Blake is proving that Bolt is not as alien as we thought.
    Blake was nowhere near Bolt in either race...I don't get yuh...

Comment

@ Islandman....mi stats & georgraphy gene brethren.

Havent you heard the west africans are wondering aloud how a nation of 2.6 million can gain more Olympic medals. than half a billion people from west africa?

Our gene is so watered down from the west african gene ,Asafa, Carter,Weir , Blake a brown man , which ******,syrian, chiney or white man dem mix with ?

Even Bolt father brown....kissteeth

The miracle is that a tiny, poor island nation of 2.6 million people, Jamaica, took home more medals than any single African nation. Jamaica grabbed more medals than the whole of West Africa, with a quarter of a billion people.

Just curious ow much a dem ave Champs tradition?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Champs plant the seeds but the crop never fully flourish until the last 10 years when the fertilizer was applied, ie MVP and then Racers.

10 Champs can't help Pakistan though, trust me.
        Last edited by Islandman; August 23, 2012, 09:28 PM.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not talking specifically about the big race, talking about his ability to produce times that are almost as incredible.

19.2x with slow reaction and poor execution? No joke.

Just saying that Bolt is probably not one in a billion in terms of talent.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Maybe fe you gene watered down, not Jamaicans generally.

Wonder why the Caribbean has produced its fair share of world class cricketers of East Indian descent but not sprinters?

Indian not allowed to go Champs? Lol

Comment

Jermaine Gonzales

Comment

Your assertions are based on disingenious speculation, the authour blew your west african gene theory out the door ,why half a billion cannot match Jamaica dominance ?

How many of those with west african fast twitch genes have mixed ancestry in Jamiaca ?

So you turn to pakistan why not Iranainan/Morocacian ancestry ? they just produced a a 100m world youth champion out of a western enviroment of marketing exploitation..yes Gemeli ! If not a sprinter a footballer because the western system is desinged to exploit the best athlethes for monetary gain.

Back to the pakistanis or lets say Indians, I have no doubt that if they develop the right enviroment ,that one day they will produce great sprinters, Jamaica has produced them in thier schools , as footballers, cricketers, and sprinters why cant pakistan or india.They make a hell of a soldier ask the russians ,british and americans.

Nazeerrahim tullah one of the skillfullest balla I have seen as a youth in Jamaica as a balla,quick too.

The stats were not on his side to succeed as an athlethe , education won out over sports.
                Last edited by Sir X; August 23, 2012, 10:35 PM.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That says it all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

X, sometimes you mek me wonder, Jah know. We talking bout SPRINTING.

Where are the outstanding sprinters from the Caribbean of East Indian descent?

Where are the Rhamadins, Khanis, Kalicharans, Chanderpauls, Sarwans of sprinting?Where? Can you tell me?

Ok mek me help you, there was half Indian-half west African Gregory Meghoo. Hold on pon dat straw till you find piece a board. Lol. Ato look like him have some Indian inna him too. Lol. Wonder if is that side him get him talent from? What you think?

Anyway, good luck in your never ending quest to find the next great non West African sprinter. As me say one is overdue based on the stats, so it might well be Gemeli.
                    Last edited by Islandman; August 24, 2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

I think you have to also look at socio-economic (and cultural) issues as well as X is suggesting..are the children of African origin encouraged into track, east Indian into cricket, Caucasian into swimming etc.?
                        Years ago, we only had white people representing us in cricket, football etc..as well as in the wider Caribbean....

Comment

I suspect that they are. In my view that has the effect of reinforcing what we would have seen otherwise. So maybe instead of 95% west African sub 10 it would be 80%.

But it hard to imagine that Jamaica would not have found a few elite white, Chinese and Indian sprinters by now if it was just Champs that makes the difference as X likes to say. We see a few of them in football, we see them in cricket. We nuh shoulda see them inna 100m too? In 100 years?

Anecdotal I know, but....
                          Last edited by Islandman; August 24, 2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

We had white people representing us in sprinting? If we did they were not very good.

Cricket and football and the others yes.

Comment

I spent a lot of time wid di horses mouth 2 days ago. Wink, wink.

Comment

what glen saying about bolt ^ the 400m?

or you didnt ask him

Comment

Working...
                                X