Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics: My Most & Least Memorable

MOST MEMORABLE
    There is no question that the London Olympics event that touched me most of all was the women’s 100-meter dash!

While Usain Bolt’s outrageously impressive performances on the track quite understandably dominated the limelight, it didn’t generate the emotional response from me that Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce’s incredible performance in the 100-meter final did. In one of the most talent-packed women’s 100-meter final that I have ever seen, and in what is probably the fastest women’s 100-meter race ever ran, she delivered authoritatively and came out on top, as she almost always does!

Her performance touched me deeply not just because I am one of the biggest Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce fans that you will find anywhere (I admire just about everything about this woman, including her humility and her beautiful personality!). The fact is that Shelly-Ann almost always performs in very impressive ways when it matters, in the process uplifting the spirits of her country man and woman.

LEAST MEMORABLE
    There is no question that Melaine Walker’s performance in the semi-final of the 400-meter hurdles, and her explanation for that performance, is my least memorable Olympic event as far as Jamaican athletes are concerned. We are talking here about a woman who is (a) the Olympic Games 400-meter hurdles defending champion, and (b) the holder of the second-fastest 400-meter hurdles time in history by a woman (she came close to breaking the world record in 2009)!!

I wish she had not attempted to explain (in that post-race interview) the reasons for her surprising performance in the London semis.

By the way, I have no deep feelings one way or the other about Jermaine Gonzales’ failure in the mile relay, and my ambivalence is probably because I still recall the embarrassment I felt with our last place finish in the men’s 4x400-meter relay in Beijing. I didn’t expect much better from our so-so team in London, and that would have been too ironic for me in the context of Jamaica’s 400-meter performance in the 1948 London Olympics (where it all began) and our 400-meter and 4x400-meter at the Helsinki Olympics four years later.

Quite simply, and speaking on a purely personal basis here, Jermaine saved me/us from a likely embarrassment in the final.

BIG UP, SHELLY-ANN! GIRL, YOU ARE LOVED!

While Usain Bolt’s outrageously impressive performances on the track quite understandably dominated the limelight, it didn’t generate the emotional response from me that Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce’s incredible performance in the 100-meter final did

i AGREE i had an emotional reaction too and large factor is that bolt nuh look nutten like how shelley look inna dem dere shorts!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Lol...who cannot love Shelly-Ann....she's the most adorable, likeable, beautiful - inside and out - of them all. Wish I didn't hv to share with you guys.

Comment

Your pie has just gotten smaller!

I guess my least memorable moment is seeing Gatlin come third in the 100m.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Women's hurdles crash...pained me...but not as much as Asafa's pull-up...and everytime I read the fastest final with SEVEN athletes below 10 seconds...it no help at all...

Comment

Yu no eat much...so..

Comment

...or do you?

Comment

HAHAHA!

Gasp!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  HAHAHA!

Gasp!
                  craven ah choke puppy
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

To be honest, i just like her butt
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

lol

Comment

Question....

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        To be honest, i just like her butt
                        That’s all?

(“Just” in the Jamaican speech context really means “merely” or “only”)

Comment

real b@ttyman to r a h t i d ..

Comment

hehe..... not offended Bricky. At least I admire the right sex rear end.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Histy of course I love all her other attributes, you know....her sprinting, character etc..... but the butt, the butt, the butt. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X