Ryan Bailey: Babylon's Great Hope to match Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Bailey: Babylon's Great Hope to match Bolt

It's clear that upon seeing what a 6'5" sprinter could do.... Babylon went to werk to find or manufacture their own version... kinda like Steve Austin the Six Million Dollar Man

The result: Ryan Bailey... The Great Hope

It nah werk
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

to be honest he was on the rise from 2009 with a then sb of 9,88 at at 20

Comment

Hmmm no improvement is three years, either he has peaked or we are about to see a significant improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
        to be honest he was on the rise from 2009 with a then sb of 9,88 at at 20
        2009?? LOL...suh ah when Bolt come to Babylon's notice? Timing is perfect
        Last edited by Don1; August 18, 2012, 06:30 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Yu see it to? Jus watch d ride.

Comment

his story

American sprinter Ryan Bailey struggles to believe he'll be competing at the London Olympics after admitting he could just as easily be dead or in jail.
            Former gang member Bailey has been stabbed three times, kicked out of school and spent time living out of a car with his mother.
            'It just seems so unbelievable I'm here,' said the 23-year-old, who will compete in Monaco on Friday before arriving at the US training camp in Birmingham.

Life in the fast lane: Ryan Bailey and Tyson Gay will be running for the United States in London
            'I sit back and think, "Wow, I could be like a couple of my friends - in jail or dead. I could be right there with them. But I'm not.'
            Bailey finished third at the US Olympic trials last month behind Justin Gatlin, who was back after a doping ban, and Tyson Gay, back to his best with a surgically-enhanced hip.
            Bailey has an interesting story of his own. It was while growing up in Oregon that he spent time living in a white Suzuki Esteem with his mother Debra Galban. Debra's fibromyalgia and degenerative arthritis made it difficult for her to work and Ryan's father was not around.
            They kept their belongings in the back of the car although Debra rarely let an Olympic coin she found out of her sight.
            Bailey revealed: 'She said all the time, "You're going to be there one day". She always believed that.'

Work to do: Bailey was second to Tyson Gay at Crystal Palace last week
            To fulfil his dream, Bailey had to change his lifestyle. He was stabbed in the back and shoulder by a rival gang member in 2006 while trying to walk away from an argument and spent time in hospital, lucky that the knife missed his vital organs.
            Bailey was a bright kid but an attention deficit disorder held him back at Douglas McKay High School in Salem.
            He was expelled in his junior year but recognised sport could help him get back on the right road.
            Bailey had to escape the gang culture first and the beating he took to get out was worse than the one he suffered as his initiation.
            He was beaten so badly he had cuts over both eyes and his face was covered in blood.
            He trudged home and there, waiting for him, was Debra. They hugged and cried because he was now free to start a new chapter, one that included buckling down in the classroom.

Tall order: Bailey is head and shoulders above most sprinters - but not Usain Bolt
            He received the turnaround student of the year award for the district in his senior year.
            'To me, that award was a pretty big deal,' said Bailey.
            At 6ft 4in, Bailey was a natural on the football field and didn't discover athletics until later in his schooling when coach John Parks, who would become a father figure, caught him staring at the record boards, boasting how he could beat the times posted there.
            Parks called Bailey out.
            'He told me "if you're so bad, come out and join the team". I was like, "yeah, whatever. I'll be there sometime."
            'I said that so he would leave me alone.'

Blazing the trail: Double world record holder Bolt stands well over 6ft
            Parks refused to give up and finally got Bailey on the team with a vision of him becoming a decathlete.
            But Usain Bolt burst on to the scene - a tall sprinter was not a common sight before the Jamaican - and things changed for Bailey.
            It was a slow start - he broke his toe wearing spikes that were too small - but he made it to Rend Lake College in Illinois, winning a junior-college title in the 100m in 2009.
            And here he is. A long, long road has taken him to the shortest race at London 2012.
            'I keep hearing all the time, "I can't believe you made the team",' said Bailey. 'I knew I was going to make it. I had no doubt.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oly...#ixzz23whmAXXg

Comment

that time was done in rieti italy [Elevation, 405 m]

according to them...he had injury problems b/t 2010-11

Comment

Nice story...how nobody never heard about tall sprinters before? The US Sprinter Steve Williams was about the same height...6'3" at least....and then there was Exile...

Comment

and asafa

Comment

---> http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Pro...x/Videos/20214

"training program" LOL

Comment

Several Other Tall Sprinters

Thanks for posting this story, Skeng. I enjoyed it.

In addition to Usain Bolt and Ryan Bailey, some other tall sprinters are Carl Lewis and Asafa Powell, who are both 6ft 3in. Tommie Smith was also 5ft 3 in.

Other tall sprinters include the Bahamas’ 400-meter runner Avard Moncur, who I believe is the same height as Bolt. Then, of course, there is our very own 6ft 5in quarter-miler Arthur Wint. Remember Portugal’s Francis Obikwelu who got the silver behind Gatlin at the 2004 Olympics? Obikwelu is almost as tall as Bolt.

Comment

Bwoy yuh good nuh ******** fi find dat... CIA nuh ave nutten pon yuh

Anyway it look like Oral Tracey sight up di rake tuh... mi wudda seh im read di forum but it look like dat program air before mi post

Mi nuh believe inna coincidence...dis 6'4" guy come from nowhere into Olympic final...dem mek dat inna one lab somewhey fi try match Bolt...unnu tink Babylon tek beatin easy??

Memba mi tole unnu

Comment

wah....him half white

Comment

http://216.119.88.230/forum1/showthread.php?t=52282

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
                              wah....him half white

Ok...im canna cross it

Comment

Working...
                              X