Well done ladies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done ladies.

Second in a relay where the winners clocked a world record was excellent. Glad the usual bato change problem didn't materialise.

4x4 women should be a dandy of a race.

Give thanks said way. Them try them best.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nation record.......cyaa ask for more

Comment

The USA ladies were better prepared and in better shape than us this time around. Thank you ladies
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yuh mean the USA have it won, barring any baton mishaps !!
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Re: Well done ladies

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
            Second in a relay where the winners clocked a world record was excellent. Glad the usual bato change problem didn't materialise.
            You are so correct, Doc!

In fact, this is the fastest women’s 4x100-meter relay team in Jamaica’s history, which (obviously) is why today’s performance is a Jamaica national record!

Compared with our gold medal results, in 2004 when we won the Olympic gold medal, we ran 41.73 seconds. In 1991 when we won the gold medal at the IAAF World Championships in Tokyo, we ran in the 41.90s (I’m going by memory here, and cannot be absolutely certain, but I believe it was around 41.94. I will make the correction tomorrow if this time is incorrect).

Today we ran 41.41 seconds! This is remarkable, and it is among the Top Five times in history! And we did it with a rather weak team (when compared with, for example, 2008), because Kerron and Sherone are obviously not where they were four years ago!

Great performance by SAFP, SS, VCB and KS, my favorite women!

Comment

Working...
            X