Windies vs. Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windies vs. Australia

Start of play delayed due to a soggy outfield... plenty rain fell yesterday and today I'm sure it will rain again... so far every day has had a rain interruption, without those I think we would have had a result; it is safe to say that Australia would likely have taken this match too... it still is within the realm of the possible as we are prone to dramatic collapses; Aussie is 127 ahead with three down.

If they go out and put a hundred more on the board and put us to bat after in the middle of the second session (weather permitting) thay have a chance...

We do not have a Chris Gayle threat that could possible mitigate against giving us an achievable target...
    Peter R

good thing is di dry season, i would hesitate to even imagine if it were otherwise!

think oz might declare after lunch and make a game of it? 250 ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If I were them that's what I'd do... the scoring has proved to be very slow for both sides; they've scored 50 in 25 overs this morning so 250 would NOT be achievable (even at the best of times ) IMO by the Windies as the wicket does not seem to be conducive to quick scoring ... they could probably even declare at 225 ahead... Windies could collapse again.... know what I am not even going to contemplate that. Rain is still in the air and that will probably be the deciding factor.
      Peter R

Comment

well they have declared for windies to chase 214! BOLD!!

GAME ON!!! windies have to go for it in my opinion a draw does not benefit them.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

23 for 2 already!! not a good sign as we now have to play for the draw with that pressure... better pray seh rain fall... sun look like it coming out... ahh bwoyyy... but wait deh, Sammy did as I thought he should do and put himself up the order... this is what he likes but the problem is he will not be able to sustain... hope I am wrong! now 47/2
          Peter R

Comment

sammy really think is t20 him playing... good fi him bad light halt play... 30 from 28 balls... not a good approach... what would happen if he should lose his wicket... its not runs but time at crease... he was playing into the aussie trap...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

well it worked for him ... it forced michael clarke to blink.

Comment

what does malcolm marshall, michal holding & andy roberts have in common... they all have a higher test score than darren sammy... if sammy is considered an all rounder, then marshall, holding and roberts could also be all-rounders... marshall had a highr test avg than sammy... and holding and roberts are just a couple runs below sammy in test avg...

Comment

marshall was considered an all-rounder ... but i digress, all those guys don't play anymore so here is sammy's opportunity to make his highest test score, and when it matters.

Comment

what does malcolm marshall, michal holding & andy roberts have in common... they all have a higher test score than darren sammy... if sammy is considered an all rounder, then marshall, holding and roberts could also be all-rounders... marshall had a highr test avg than sammy... and holding and roberts are just a couple runs below sammy in test avg...

Comment

Rain has settled matters, the 30 not out will help Sammy's average Congrats to Kemar Roach on ten wickets in the match
                      Peter R

Comment

Sammy is in the side as a Bowler. Based on his performance in test matches, and first class cricket, he deserves his place as a bowler. i would like to say otherwise, but he has earned his place.

Comment

Love di bowlah yah his demeanor an application seems to reminid mi ah some ah
                          di past greats

Comment

Working...
                          X