X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See cricket here if you can

stomach it... http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/45983/1/w...am-online.html
    Peter R

we need to push the scoring... even though occupation of the crease is needed... if we hope to draw.
    Peter R

Comment

west indies better pray for rain... only rain can prevent this loss embarrassing loss...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

we got some, but not for long enough... after tea I expect the onslaught... after all they still have 9 wickets intact.
        Peter R

Comment

... and we cannot afford to bowl slow bowlers... Bishoo is good but not that good; stick with the seamers... eat up time and bowl just the minimum allowed per over and just bowl accurately; Sammy should bowl unchanged right through.. cho!

anyone know what the minimum per over is? lets say 13 and we have an hour and a half that out be 20 overs at them and they have to score 131; they'll have to score better than a run a ball... we should draw dis ting if the bowlers don't screw up... (I hope) and
          Last edited by Peter R; April 11, 2012, 03:38 PM.
          Peter R

Comment

looks like I have to eat my words... sammy and fidel serving it up
            Peter R

Comment

as i predicted... a most embarrassing loss... this is where west indies fall down... a brendan nash should have been in the team... experienced and mature batsman who would have applied himself to stay at the wicket... too much inexperienced, unproven and out of form players in the side... look at shiv, he applied himself in that 1st inning... windies needed another for the 2nd inning and got none... windies will not win one of these test if they continue with these players...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

There is no option, but to continue with these players. Nash is the only person you can add to the mix, and even if you play him you then end up short on the bowling end. And we already have to suffer through the fast and foolish bajan duo. the best bet is Ravi return to form and hope by next year Cotterell ready for the big leagues.

And Baugh has shown himself to be a complete idiot once he goes to bat.

Comment

I think we could have drawn this match if Sammy had taken my advice and bowled through the innings and kept the slow bowlers off; of course one never knows what would have happened but based on the bowling figures, he and Fidel were averaging about three an over whilst Bishoo and Deonarine went at five... notwithstanding the wickets Deonarine had... containment and a slower over rate (within the legality of the match) was what was required. had Sammy and Fidel bowled the 19 overs that Deonarine and Bishoo bowled at the same rate they bowled their 16 overs between them we would have conceded 40 fewer runs!!! up to when the match was drawn... bad light would probably have come into play.

Of course, it seems that Baugh feels the job is done if he makes 20 runs... or he's been out there an hour and little bit; he got out playing a shot to the leg side when the ball was pitched on the off stump... why he would choose to do that is beyond me.

The other player who I would like to see develop is Andre Russell... looks like he could be a genuine all-rounder.

The other thing that could help our cricket is to halve the length of the IPL season...or radically change how and when tests are played. Every year now we lose cricketers to the IPL during a test series and I bet there NEVER will be a clash with an Indian test series... something is wrong with what the ICC let India get away with.
                  Peter R

Comment

Maybe we could have saved the match but let us not fool ourselves, the WI have already overachieved during this tour. That they were competitive for 3 1/2 days of a Test against the Aussies is a feat in itself.

Nothing fundamental has changed: the players are still mostly average with no real matchwinners in the lineup, the board is still not competent, the whole setup of WI cricket is still not suited for 21st century professional cricket.

IPL cut in half? Won't happen. Way too much money involved and India is the superpower in the cricketing world.

I do agree that international cricket needs to adjust to the reality of the earning potential of club cricket in todays world. Test cricket can survive but I do not think it can thrive.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Wi need solid opening bat. Time an time again wi openers gone long before di ball start lose di shine. Di foundation of good batting side is at least a solid opening partnership. Di bowlah dem bowl out dem heart yessideh but di runs di jus too small.

Comment

Working...
                      X