Carifta: The Countries That Have Won

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carifta: The Countries That Have Won

Below is a complete list of the countries that have won the Carifta Games (track and field) between 1972 and 2011:

1972: Jamaica
    1973: Jamaica
    1974: Jamaica
    1975: Bermuda (venue: Bermuda)
    1976: Jamaica
    1977: Jamaica
    1978: Jamaica
    1979: Jamaica
    1980: Bahamas
    1981: Bahamas
    1982: Jamaica
    1983: Martinique
    1984: Bahamas
    1985: Jamaica
    1986: Jamaica
    1987: Jamaica
    1988: Jamaica
    1989: Jamaica
    1990: Jamaica
    1991: Jamaica
    1992: Jamaica
    1993: Jamaica
    1994: Jamaica
    1995: Jamaica
    1996: Jamaica
    1997: Jamaica
    1998: Jamaica
    1999: Jamaica
    2000: Jamaica
    2001: Jamaica
    2002: Jamaica
    2003: Jamaica
    2004: Jamaica
    2005: Jamaica
    2006: Jamaica
    2007: Jamaica
    2008: Jamaica
    2009: Jamaica
    2010: Jamaica
    2011: Jamaica

So yuh saying bermuda have a chance dis trip? LoL

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      So yuh saying bermuda have a chance dis trip? LoL
      Willi, you’re making me laugh (lol). Poor Bemuda! I sincerely hope those Bermudians don’t end up like the Turks & Caicos Islands at the 2007 Carifta Games (I think it was 2007) in an embarrassing situation where the host (the Turks & Caicos Islands) ended up not winning a single medal!

Of course, there would be another precedent for any Bermudian total failure, as Canada, although hosting the 2001 IAAF World Championships in Edmonton, did not win any medal whatsoever (except for a silver medal in the wheelchair “competition”)!

Comment

A few years ago we did a talk bout the other island them a catch up with us. A only James unnu did see to rhatid.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

based on that i would not call jamaica a regional power in carifta.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Here We Go Again....

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            A few years ago we did a talk bout the other island them a catch up with us. A only James unnu did see to rhatid.
            Assasin, be careful about these arbitrary statements! You have no idea about my views or my public comments on track and field in the Americas unless, of course, you were a regular visitor to the Caribbean Track and Field Forum between 2002 and 2008.

Read Gamma’s comment below. I can assure you that he is not making idle talk, as I was the one who created a thread several years ago that challenged the prevailing view that Jamaica is a “Sports Power”! To this day, I know that, outside of track and field and netball, and to a much lesser extent soccer and cricket, the facts do NOT support this popular view of Jamaica as “The” regional power in sports! I stated then that Cuba is the “Sports Power” of the Caribbean, and I still stand by that statement today!

A cursory check of Jamaica’s record in, say, the annual semi-regional law enforcement basketball competition and also in CARICOM basketball tournaments will support my view. Then there is swimming, boxing, lawn tennis, etc.

Gamma obviously remembered that thread that I started and the very lengthy responses, which is why he typed his sentence below.

So, Assasin, save your “unnu” comment for specific persons; do not use it as a broad sweeping-brush statement. There are some of us here who KNOW track and field and who follow other sports aside from soccer and cricket, and who are aware of what EVERY Caribbean island is capable of achieving!

Comment

Again, why do we enter this T&F carnival?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Carifta is Important!

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Again, why do we enter this T&F carnival?
                Answer: To give our talented athletes a taste of competition outside of Jamaica.

Do you realize the immense number of world class athletes from Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, the Bahamas, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Grenada, and Barbados who, thanks to these Carifta Games, got their first taste of what competition is like outside of the confines of their national borders?

People like Asafa Powell and Deon Hemmings and Shelly-Ann Fraser, who never ever competed in Carifta, are the exceptions to this rule!

Personally speaking, I will ALWAYS support the Carifta Games 100 percent!

Comment

I use unnu because a more than one people have been saying the other islands are catching up on us in Track and Field. I am currently not talking about any other sport just now.

I do follow track and field, maybe not as much as you but I do follow it and I also use to visit Penn relay invitation at Dowling stadium the first two years. Run into Mdmx at some a these meets.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X