RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolt and Blake wants to the 4x4 - Gold??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt and Blake wants to the 4x4 - Gold??

Hmm - I wonder if they could get us the 4 x 4 gold?

[COLOR=#113f8f !important] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#113f8f !important] [/COLOR]
    Blake spurns 400m despite versatility

BY DANIA BOGLE Observer staff reporter
    Thursday, March 01, 2012

WORLD 100m champion Yohan Blake says while taking on the challenge of the 400m at the professional level is not on his agenda despite his versatility when it comes to the sprinting events he has not discounted being a member of a Jamaican mile relay team at any upcoming major athletic events.

Blake, who clocked the second fastest 200m of all time (19.26 seconds) in Brussels, Belgium and a personal best 9.82 seconds at 100m last year, opened his 2012 season with a personal best 46.49 seconds over 400m at the Camperdown Classic at the National Stadium on February 11.
    World 100m champion Yohan Blake (standing) demonstrates the art of sprinting to youngsters from the Mount Olivet Boys Home, which he has adopted, at the UWI Bowl yesterday. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

World 100m champion Yohan Blake (standing) demonstrates the art of sprinting to youngsters from the Mount Olivet Boys Home, which he has adopted, at the UWI Bowl yesterday. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

The athlete anchored his Racers Lions team to triumph in the Clubs & Institutions men's 4x400m relay at Saturday's Gibson Relay after collecting the baton in second place and storming to victory, much to the delight of the Stadium spectators.
    In fact, Blake was also a member of the St Jago High School team which clocked a record 3:08.32 seconds in the boys open 4x400m relay at the 2008 Gibson Relays.
    There has been some question about whether he might decide to run the longer sprint either individually or as part of Jamaica's mile relay team at some point, especially with the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England less than 150 days away.
    However, Blake said that while he is not considering competing as an individual quarter-miler at this time, he has not ruled out a 4x400m relay.
    "No, no. The (400m) training is really hard so you won't see me doing the 400m as a professional on the international circuit," the former St Jago High star said.
    "I would run the 4x400m but to run the single 400m I wouldn't do it. I always do it in high school and I'm in strong in that already."
    Blake is the heir apparent to current 100m and 200m world record holder Usain Bolt who has already said he would like to be part of Jamaica's 4x400m team at the London Olympics and the promise of both those sprinters on a Jamaican mile relay team already has some fans counting the gold medals.
    Blake in the meantime told the Observer he feel under no undue pressure to live up to any expectations.
    "It's no pressure. Coach (Glen) Mills has been training me mentally for this moment and finally I know what pressure feels like. I know what weight is on my shoulder so it will be good," he said.
    He added: "I don't want to tell them what they can expect but running 46.4 really pretty good time for me. Getting much, much stronger over the years of the 400m and it just sets me up well for the coming season."
    Blake said he isn't sure if he will be going for personal best times over the 100m and 200m: "I will just go out there and do my best and whatever time comes guess I will just have to work with it because I've felt I've been working really hard in training and it's going to be a good year this year."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1nreyqqEK
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

wid dem two pan di 4x4 is trouble, gold fi sure. bout 43 each from lightning an di beast, ah juice wi call it.

Comment

hope the youth Gunz fit then we only need one more 43 leg runner.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

safa ? jus asking...
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
        X